Page 1 of 2
'cause since here I'm famous and stuff my italian literature teacher told me to find three songs representing or including many characteristics of the hippy movement.

Bonus is if they're easy 'cause I also gotta play them.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
In-a-gadda-da-vida (Iron Butterfly), White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane), and People are Strange (The Doors)
Hippies? How about "If you're going, to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair...."

Or... Most of the score from "Hair".....
Songs from We're Only In It For The Money by The Mothers of Invention (1968) will give you answers, especially 'Who Needs The Peace Corps'
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
"She lives on love street, lingers long on love street, she has a house and garden, I would like to see what happens. La lalala la. Lalalalaa

Also "Give Peace A Chance" "Blowing In The Wind" "White Rabbit" "Somebody To Love" and "Little Wing" come to mind.

By The Plastic Ono Band, Bob Dylan, Jefferson Airplane and Jimi Hendrix respectively.

EDIT: Dove in Italia ti trovi?
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Last edited by Krieger91 at Nov 27, 2014,
Axis: Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Canned Heat (Let's Work Together, Up the Country: which is like the OG Woodstock theme), The Zombies (Time of the Season), Steppenwolf (Born to be Wild, Magic Carpet Ride), Hendrix (Purple Haze, If Six Was Nine), Strawberry Alarm Clock (Incense and Peppermints), Beatles/John Lennon (I Am the Walrus, Lucy in the Sky, All You Need Is Love, Give Peace A Chance), Country Joe McDonald (The "Fish" Cheer), The Doors (Light My Fire, The End), The Byrds (Mr. Tambourine Man, Eight Miles High), early Floyd stuff (Arnold Layne, anything off their first album), the Mamas and the Papas (California Dreaming, Monday Monday), Crosby Stills & Nash (Wooden Ships, Woodstock, Love the One You're With), Cat Stevens (Peace Train), Aquarius / Hair Theme (from the musical Hair), Bob Dylan (Blowin' in the Wind, The Times They Are A Changin', This Land Is Your Land - a Woodie Guthrie cover by the way), Donovan (Wear Your Love Like Heaven, Sunshine Superman, Season of the Witch), Joan Baez (Kumbaya), perhaps some instrumentals (Santana - Jin-Go-Lo-Ba, Hendrix - Star Spangled Banner, Allman Bros. - Revival, anything by Ravi Shankar...)

So yeah, that kinda stuff

Keep in mind that a lot of these artists weren't or didn't necessarily identify as hippies (Dylan, Floyd, Hendrix) and the ideology. When it comes to hippie-ish artists who kept the campfire burning after the early 70's there's The Greatful Dead, Phish, the Magic Numbers (kinda neo Hippie-stuff)

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Nov 27, 2014,
Quote by EpiExplorer
How is this hippy music?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
How is this hippy music?

It sort of is. That album was liked by some hippies, well that song anyways. But also a lot of the Hippies parents liked it, so not really.
Grateful Dead is the only correct answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=671AgW9xSiA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaStAAOUao8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4SqDx1vi4c

Besides that try Jefferson Airplane and Buffalo Springfield. It may not be the kind of 'hippy' music you're looking for but they were pretty relevant in those days.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Nov 27, 2014,
^ yes
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by EpiExplorer

Ughhhhhh -_-

I had no idea S&G did the original to this. Someone has done a remake of it and the guys and girls in my flat sing and play it in the flat too much. I can't bare to listen to it.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Tim Buckley
Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Mothers of Invention (i.e Zappa)

Pretty much any song by those groups
Quote by badfish_lewis
Tim Buckley
Grateful Dead
Jefferson Airplane
Mothers of Invention (i.e Zappa)

Pretty much any song by those groups

>_>

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by Spambot_2
How is this hippy music?

Cuz its old and terrible, like hippies.

Seriousness aside, this is very much what my mum and her hippy friends listened to in the late 60's/early 70's, along with the usual Hendrix, Stones, Beatles, Santana and a bunch of other 'dad rock' I don't have any affiliation with.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Steppenwolf- Born to be wild- Easy
Animals- We gotta get out of this place- Easy
Hair- From the musical
Animals- Don't bring me down- Easy
Aquarius- The 5th Dimension

Not Zappa. He was far too cynical cerebral and introverted for the Hippy movement. It was more about peace, love and understanding; or sex drugs and rock & Roll.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
>good
>hippie

ha
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
>good
>hippie

ha

You've got a good point
"Being honest may not get you a lot of friends, but it'll always get you the right ones."
hippies suck.

cut your hair and get a job.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Dead Can Dance.
Quote by pwninator123
EPIC LOLZ FROM THE LEFTY!!!!!!

Quote by death.prog
Ugh...

When I brought up this page, so much fail dumped out of my computer screen and all over my hands, severely damaging my ability as a musician.
Grateful Dead, Phish,

Grateful Dead has lots of songs that could fit into your agenda

phish has a lot more goofy hippy jams then serious hippy jams
I won't slave for beggars pay, likewise gold and jewels. But I would slave to learn the way, to sink your ship of fools.
Quote by Bad Kharmel
In-a-gadda-da-vida (Iron Butterfly), White Rabbit (Jefferson Airplane), and People are Strange (The Doors)

/thread

Especially White Rabbit
Quote by Cajundaddy

Not Zappa. He was far too cynical cerebral and introverted for the Hippy movement

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Page 1 of 2