Hey everyone,

First off, sorry if my english is poor

Secondly,
I am posting this because I kinda need some of you guys' help.
The amps I've been playing through the last couple of years have been a VOX DA-5 and a really crappy stack: A Crate GT1200h with a Marshall AVT412 (Don't hate I just really wanted a stack lol, I was very poor and stupid back then).
But the thing is, now that I've been playing for like 5 years through these crappy amps, I really want something different. I am currently saving up money to buy me a new stack and I was wondering if some of you guys could help me out putting it together.

I really enjoy playing tracks by bands like Sleeping with Sirens, Pierce The Veil, All Time Low, (the old) Paramore and more Post-hardcore, punk-rock, whatever you may want to call it bands. In my band I mostly play the Rhythm guitar, so I am really looking for that rhythm guitar sound you can hear in tracks like these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HjBq9aZ9cw

What would you guys advise me to buy? I think my budget would be around 1000 euro's.
I've been doing some research myself and found the Orange TH30, what are your opinions on it?

Also, I have this opportunity to buy a Marshall 1960a cab with G12t-75 speakers for about 350 euro's second-hand. Would it be smart to buy it?

Thanks in advance!
http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_100hdm.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/jet_city_amplification_jca50h.htm

http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm

One of the two Jet City amps, for possibly for slightly more than half of that, plus you'd possibly want a TS style overdrive pedal and you'd be good to go.

I know people will be recommending 6505's, XXX's and Ultra's and stuff like that but I like the Jet Cities more... They sound a lot clearer and articulate for me.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Nov 27, 2014,
Thanks for the fast input man, but from what I've heard from it, isn't it a bit too metal? I mean, I am really looking for an amp that can go from Post-Hardcore to maybe something more like this guitar sound in the chorus (arout 0:47 sec): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S34KpOAgyTg
^ the amp or the song is "too metal" for you?
'cause I would say it's neither really.

Anyway, JCM900 SLX or 6505+ if ya ask me.

As for the cab, if it's in good condition I'd get it.
If you don't like it you can always sell for the same money or possibly more.

I don't much like the TH30 and I don't think it'd be good for the sounds you wanna obtain.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Nov 27, 2014,
I take that back lol,
I just went through some videos on youtube and I think I am in love with the jet city, especially since it really is so inexpensive.

I will be going to Music Store in Germany probably somewhere in the next two/three weeks, and I will certainly check out the JCM900 SLX and the 6505+ Any other amps you suggest me really having a listen to?

And as for the cab, I really didn't think about it in that way (being able to sell it for the same money), so I will probably pick it up this weekend!

Thanks a lot for your input, appreciate it a LOT.
If you want a 4x12 still the HB G412 vintage has V30 speakers and it is pretty cheap.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I know I always post this... But this is my 20W in a rehersal setting and a Harley Benton 1X12... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOhLUQGjByI

SLX's you'll only find used and I always thought the 6505 was a bit meh, you might like it though!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yeah I kinda still want to keep a 4x12, since I have to go above the Tama drum set of my drummer, which is terribly loud. Would you chose a HB G412 above a Marshall 1960a used? It seems a bit strange to me as to the huge difference in price when you buy them both new.

Thanks for the video too! I don't know yet about those amps though, I really want to check them out first in person
Last edited by Wouturr at Nov 27, 2014,
The HB412 has Vintage 30's in them and is completely made of Birch Ply as opposed to MDF/Ply depending on the era of the 1960 cab and it is an incredible deal for the money, if I needed a 4X12 I would have gone with that one...

The 1960A is still a good cab but the HB has the V30's which sound more tonally with what you're after though
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
How's the construction of the HB? Marshall 1960's are built like a tank. Mine's been used and abused for 20 odd years and the only damage was done by my cat.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Personally I'd choose a 2X12, There isn't that much of a volume difference between that and a 4X12,
done the 4X12 thing and it wasn't worth it... Far too much weight on my car, but that's another story!

Cath: Quality seems solid but I've only had my HB1X12 for a couple of months
feels sturdy though!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24

done the 4X12 thing and it wasn't worth it... Far too much weight on my car, but that's another story!

I don't understand..............
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
I don't understand..............

Broke the suspension in the last car because of the heavy lifting!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
You broke the suspension carting amps? What sort of crappy car do you have?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Fisheth24
Broke the suspension in the last car because of the heavy lifting!

Holy shit, I'm glad we still have bigger cars/trucks over here.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Cathbard
You broke the suspension carting amps? What sort of crappy car do you have?

I think I killed both a Volvo Estate and a Citron Picasso by doing it,
The Xara takes it like a champ though!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
That's a pretty sad indictment on Volvo and Citroen. 4x12's aren't that heavy, they're big but not really that heavy. I've carted them around in old shitboxes for decades.
2x12's are good, I use them often but the trick is to point them at your head. With head/cab that can be a bit hard to do. If you want to stick them on an angled stand, which is preferable, you have to tie the mutha down. Slanted 4x12's, you just plonk down and play. Straight 4x12's suck though and not much better than a 2x12 - well, you don't have ears in your knees.
My favourite though is still a 6x12 - 2x12 combo on top of a 1960A. These days though, if I am using my combo, I just stick it on an angled amp stand. Well, the RM100 and the 1960A won't fit in my car because the RM100 is so ****ing big. So the 1960A has been replaced with an angled amp stand.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
damn i thought volvo were more solid...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Fisheth24
I think I killed both a Volvo Estate and a Citron Picasso by doing it,
The Xara takes it like a champ though!

My wifes Ford Focus can handle my 4x12 just fine. Friggin pansy ass euro cars
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Soo.. I just had to carry my AVT412 downstairs and rememberd how difficult it was to actually get it downstairs.. Then I thought to myself: Imagine having to do that with a 1960a.. So I was wondering, should I spare my back and go for an 2x12 instead?.. And if so, what would be a good 2x12 (expect the harley benton one)?
http://www.roadkillcabs.co.uk/

These guys, if it's worth it for you. Been using a custom made 2X12 for almost a couple of years now... Awesome, awesome tone... I bet a 1X12 with an angled baffle would be gnarly from them too!
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Yeah for the money the HB G212 vintage is a great deal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe