Recently I have run into a problem where I just recently went to restring my guitar after cleaning and removing all the strings. I realized that when I took off the Floyd rose to clean it, I didn't unscrew the mounting screws and when I took it out the bushings and mounting screws came out.
So now when I put my floyd rose back on and start putting on the 3 springs in the back, it pulls the mounting screw+Bushing up. So was there something in there keeping the bushings in place that stripped? it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult to fix. But I would need a glue or some solidifier.

Any suggestions please! this is my only guitar and I havent been able to play for days now! I feel so depressed. Ive gone to music stores 3 different ones. Everytime they didnt have someone who could fix the floyd rose.... I would pay for it.

Thanks a bunch!
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
"
Every band that is favored in the genre sells-out and commercializes... That's just the way it is :/"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
the studs look like they have came undone.

when mine started to (but not fully) came out I banged them in with a hammer being really careful and the bridge has been fine ever since. I put an allen key over the studs to adjust the floyd rose and lightly tapped with a hammer.

but when in doubt bring it to a guitar shop and let a professional look at it so nothing bad goes wrong. Hopefully it's a cheap fix.
Ok thanks for the help I appreciate it! Yeah i'm not going to push my luck and do it myself. Ill definitely get someone at a guitar shop to look at it.

My issue is more that they are too loose in the holes. And are pushed out everytime i try putting the springs on the back of the guitar.
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
The strings balance the springs. And they help keep the studs in the holes.

But the studs really should never have been that loose.

What *sometimes* happens (since all the force exerted on a Floyd pulls it toward the neck) is that the studs will be pulled toward the bridge pickup rout, and will actually break through that "wall" between them. You'll want to look carefully to see if the holes have been enlarged by the constant pressure, and you'll want to make sure that the wood isn't collapsing.
Yeah I was wondering if they had some thin coating of some sort to help hold them in the holes? Because it does seem loose in the holes. But I don't think thee is any issue really with the wood.

Thanks for the advice so far and input. I really appreciate your time!
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Quote by monobrow7
Yeah I was wondering if they had some thin coating of some sort to help hold them in the holes? Because it does seem loose in the holes. But I don't think thee is any issue really with the wood.

Thanks for the advice so far and input. I really appreciate your time!

there's a "dave's world of fun stuff" video on youtube where he repairs a loose bushing on some ToM bridge by inserting copper tubing to gauge the gap.
i tried looking for the specific video, but i cant find it.
i think it was a gibson SG guitar
Ok thanks for the tip. I tried looking and didn't manage to find it anywhere either :/ Anyways does anyone else have any other suggestions? I haven't been able to get a ride to the music store as its quite far. And I really want to try fix this problem myself as it doesn't seem too major.

I just need to find a way for my bushing and screws to stay in the holes of the guitar to hold the Floyd rose in place while I attach the springs on the back of the guitar.
All the times ive tried the bushing have been pushed out by the tension of the springs being attached to the Floyd rose.
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
"

ESP SV standard
Ibanez RG7321
Try blocking the Floyd before you put the springs on. Basically take a stack of business cards or something and wedge then between the bottom of the Floyd and top of the guitar/route. That way when you put the springs on most of the pressure is between the business cards and springs. You may also try 1 spring then a string then a spring then some more strings etc.

I'd be best to fix the studs properly but assuming the studs have been stripped for a while it may get you back to where you were before the cleaning.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .