I'm struggling hearing my voice and need ways to accurately hear myself. I heard recording helps, but I'd like to hear my self in the moment to make adjustments on the fly. A tip that i was given was to try karaoke. I was thinking of buying a blue snowball mic and use karoake software on the computer. Is that a doable and logical setup or is there better ideas. The cheaper the better as well. Thanks.
Recording definitely helps.

When you are singing it can sound pretty good in your own head even when it's awful. Especially if you have a backing track or are singing overtop of another singer.

If you could hear yourself accurately as you are singing then you could match pitch better, and fix things a lot quicker - on the fly, as you said.

The benefits of recording yourself as I see them are so that you get more and more familiar with how other people hear your voice. When you do this you get more and more familiar with your own voice and it's strengths and flaws and what it actually sounds like rather than how you perceive it.

As you get more and more familiar with your own voice you are better able to focus your attention on your own voice and hear it better in the moment as you are speaking/singing.

Karaoke is just singing along to backing tracks with the words in front of you. It's singing. As such it is good practice. You should do daily vocal exercises and get a teacher if you can. It's good to sing and karaoke is good practice singing a song.

Is it going to help you hear yourself accurately?? If singing doesn't do that for you already then chances are karaoke won't either.
Si
First, this thread would be better suited for the Vocals forum.

Anyway, i guess you could do this, although i have never actually seen someone do this. THe blue snowball mic seems like a pretty bad idea to me. USB mics are usually not a very good idea, as far as i know. Instead you should get an entry range soundcard (focusrite scarlett series comes to mind) and a decent microphone. Those will also be usefull if you ever decide to either record more than just your vocals or sing in a band, since you will already have a suitable microphone. As for the software, you could simply use any DAW you want (Reaper is usually recomended around here, and its what i personaly use). You can put a backing track in it and sing over it. You will be able to hear your vocals as well as record and look at your progress more precisely. I doubt any karaoke software has any real recording and editing capabilities. Check the stickies in the "recording" forum on here.

To be honest though, i dont know what you mean by "adjusting on the fly". You can hear your intonation being wrong when you are singing normaly, unless you have your backing music on at ear splitting volumes. And as far as technique goes, its more about the feeling in your body, throat and mouth, rather than the sound you make. A trained teacher will be able to hear the difference, but im guessing, that since you are a beginner, that you will not be able to tell the difference. Which brings me to the next thing:

If you really want to make decent progress in a relatively short ammount of time, get a vocal teacher. Even a few lessons will go a long way, and a few months would be revolutionary for you. A live teacher can teach you how to support and project in a few hours, since he or she can see what your body is actually doing, and correct those things. When you do it alone, to a youtube video, you have no idea if you are doing it wrong or right. And if you are anything like me, you are doing everything wrong, including breathing.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Thanks for move, i thought i posted in singing and vox. I think my issue with recording is i'm hearing my voice later when i'm not singing vs karaoke I'd be hearing my voice live thru a speaker vs my headvoice and adjusting at that moment. Any other tips to hear your tru voice while singing?
It seems like a much smarter idea to me to simply buy a decent live microphone like a SM58 and a cheap powered speaker. If you want backing tracks just stream them from youtube. Easy. Add a notepad mixer too if you want more control.

This way you will hear what your voice actually will sound like when you're on stage, you'll learn mic technique from using a real one, have a powered speaker to take to practice if needs be and you'll learn the basics of live sound.

Suggested gear:

Shure SM58 or Sennheiser E835
Behringer B210D
Behringer UB502

Although Behringer get a pretty bad rap for their gear, their entry level passive mixers and powered speakers are good for home use. I wouldn't buy their "Top of the Line" stuff though.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud