Hi everyone,
I am an advanced classical guitarist, who gave up his electric axe to play guitar at the university level. Now, I feel it is time to improve my lead guitar skills after so many years of learning classical guitar, and playing Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix solos from my electric, I wish to learn more actual lead guitar skills such as improvisation, sweep picking, etc.

I have been looking at books that may help me, and I was just looking for other guitarist's feedback about these:

Book 1

Book 2

Book 3

Book 4

Thanks!
You went to university to study music but can't improvise?
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by 91RG350

91RG350 where is the value in that post?

MT Guitarist - Your best bet is probably the Guitar Techniques forum. I've moved this thread there. You should get some good help there.
Si
Quote by MT Guitarist
Hi everyone,
I am an advanced classical guitarist, who gave up his electric axe to play guitar at the university level. Now, I feel it is time to improve my lead guitar skills after so many years of learning classical guitar, and playing Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix solos from my electric, I wish to learn more actual lead guitar skills such as improvisation, sweep picking, etc.

I have been looking at books that may help me, and I was just looking for other guitarist's feedback about these:

Book 1

Book 2

Book 3

Book 4

Thanks!

You ok on theory side (so what goes with what)? Technique-wise, there are a load of videos on youtube. Literally search by technique ("sweep picking" etc). What style(s) you want to get into?

cheers. Jerry
Quote by 91RG350

I know people at University who are maestro's of classical music but can't improvise a lick because they're too used to reading from score
Quote by vidarrt
I know people at University who are maestro's of classical music but can't improvise a lick because they're too used to reading from score

Exactly... That's my problem. I can read music or Tab on classical or electric guitar but if you take the music from me I can't do anything.