Hey y'all,

Looking for a new metal amp before May. Looking between an EVH 5150III, the PRS Archon and a Randall Satan. Thoughts? I play everything from Meshuggah to Animals as Leaders and much more. I like very dynamic amps too; historically I don't like 6L6's because I like a more British type of response. That's why I use a VOX for fusion and jazz. BUT this is about a metal amp. The Orange I have isn't doing it for me anymore :/
Budget?

And to me, Meshuggah, and Animals As Leaders especially, sounds like an Axe FX or a Kemper system. AAL uses an Axe FX, not sure about Meshuggah. Maybe look into those?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
I really want to stay away from big complicated axe FX units

And I forgot to mention, cleans are really important to me.
Quote by jpnyc
Meshuggah use Line 6 gear.

Nope. They haven't used Line 6 stuff for years. All Fractal now.

I'd go with the Archon. That thing is a monster.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Meshuggah and dynamic is an oxymoron....I think the Satan will do as well but I like the tone of the 5150 III probably the best from the ones listed.

Have you considered Fryette Sig X?
Last edited by diabolical at Nov 28, 2014,
They all use axe fx's now.
Also check the definition of dynamics again 'cause meshuggah are everything but that.

They used to use a vetta II head anyway, so definitely look into one of them.
If you want something analog, get an ENGL powerball II if you have the money, else the EVH.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.