I have some problems with connections with music recording software. I am quite a begginer with that, so i will try to explain the best way i can there.

So i am user of Sonar X1 Producer, Reaper and Guitar Rig 5. i am using Roland Duo Capture MK-2 audio interface, then connected into some Genius i dont know the model, whatever some Genius bigger speakers for computer.

Guitar Rig 5 is doing the right thing for me when it comes to playing, practicing, exploring new sounds. i have plugged guitar straight into au interface then from the interface line out to Genius speakers. the sounds are somewhere near the hybrid tube amps territory, i like the clarity and dynamics, and the fact it all sounds very good at low volumes.

About recording software, at first i was using Sonar X1 LE which has comes with Roland MK-2, and i have learn the basics... later i used a Reaper too. the problem was always.. i have only recording with my Blackstar HT-5, which i have connected it from emulated output to au interface, then i have tweaking the sound somewhere in hi gain territory, compromising the settings on my interface and settings of that HT-5. i have get only one really good hi gain setting from that, and then recorded lots of stuff direct into Sonar X1 LE, the results were good. i am using Reaper too.

But now, let's go to the main problem i have.. when i want to record directly with guitar into interface with tweaked sound of some preset from Guitar Rig 5 here comes the problem with connectivity with programs Sonar X1 or Reaper. I want direct sound from Guitar Rig 5 into Reaper or Sonar before and between i am recording. not just after. when i set the Guitar Rig 5 preset in the FX of software and launch then there is no sound, the green lines are not moving, like they do directly just when i am exploring the sounds in GR 5 ocassionally.. like something is shut off and i don't know what it can be ? have anyone had some idea what the cause might be, and how to resolve that problem ?
The pick of destiny...
Are you using guitar rig's standalone or plugin version?

Also why and how do you use both reaper and sonar?
'cause that really is not convenient.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
It is full version of Guitar Rig 5. i am not using reaper and sonar together at once, just one of that program, i am just saying i use the both programs, not at once. just one at a time, and that could be reaper or sonar. sory for misunderstanding. my grammar is bad.
The pick of destiny...
Yeah, I get it's the full version, but is it the standalone or plugin version?

The standalone one is the program you open by itself, without any need for a daw, and the plugin version is the one you load into a plugin host (daw for example) to use there.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Standalone version... i wrote before in my post that i am using it for exploring the sounds without recording. so, what should i do ?
The pick of destiny...
Maybe i need some experienced user to come into my place and check it out.. or maybe you can help me ? to be honest the simplier is Sonar to me.. i like the platform and appearance of Sonar.
The pick of destiny...
Last edited by Sabbath_84 at Nov 29, 2014,
Get the plugin version of guitar rig as well and use that with whatever DAW, then use the standalone version for when you're not using any DAW.

Mind that you can well use the plugin inside a DAW without recording anything.

Since you'd be using a DAW though you might as well go and try different amp sims.
For distorted stuff, there are free ones that sound much better than guitar rig if ya ask me.
Refer to the amp sims sticky for more info, and also check out ignite amps' emissary.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
You need to not use the standalone version. Open up sonar/reaper, create a track, arm it to record, then load up GR as a VST plugin.
Ok, i'll try to get the plugin version.. i'll pm you later, Spambot_2.. do you have any links or tutorials for the begginer ? i'll check this out, thanks.
The pick of destiny...
Quote by Sabbath_84
do you have any links or tutorials for the begginer ?
This - https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1522593

Also the instruction manual of whatever you own and whatever you will own.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
I have tried the ignite emissary plugin, it only works after recording, before and between not. beside that, the emisery is somewhere in my blackstar ht-5 gain territory, i don't like that, would like to try something with more depth, more low end and more tightness. that amp sound very much like my Blackstar HT-5, maybe a little bit more scooped but not the sound i am looking for.
The pick of destiny...
This may be your problem as a quick fix. Maybe not but worth checking. In GR 5. VST or standalone. At the top centre there is the input level. You will also see next to the IN there is an L and an R. You may find the R is not lit. Click it to light it. You should then get what you're after. If not.....As above.

mark