This country blues song "Saunders Ferry Lane" was done by Sammi Smith back in the early 70's. I've always liked it and can't find chords or any type of documented music for it. I have looked and looked. I would greatly appreciate any help with this project.
HERE YOU GO....I just finished tabbing it out for you...... GREAT SONG BY THE WAY...THERE ARE TWO WAYS SAMMI DID THIS..THE WAY IT IS ON THE RECORD AND THEN A LIVE VERSION SHE DID ON A RADIO SHOW...THEY ARE BOTH ON YOU TUBE.... I DID BOTH VERSIONS.... SO CHOOSE THE ONE THAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU....ENJOY!!!!

THE SECOND WAY MAY BE EASIER CHORDS THAT ARE BETTER KNOWN TO PLAY BUT THEY BOTH ARE CORRECT...

By the way, if you like it please rate it 5 stars...thank you.
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/sammi_smith/saunders_ferry_lane_crd.htm
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Nov 29, 2014,
Honey, you are a gift to this old woman's heart. Thank you so much. I love the live version best. My old arthritic hands have trouble with a lot of chords, but I can play that one. Do you think you could do me one more? "The Rainbow in Daddy's eyes" that Sammi Smith also did. I'd greatly appreciate it. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! By the way, I'll give you those 5 stars!
Well, I am an old man myself...just enjoy all types of music...yes, I will do your other request as well...should have it done today sometime...ok
The rainbow in daddy's eyes - SAMMI smith

THE SONG IS TABBED,FINISHED AND ACCEPTED ...ENJOY.....
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/s/sammi_smith/the_rainbow_in_daddys_eyes_crd.htm

PLEASE RATE IT FOR ME AS WELL.... THANKS
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Nov 30, 2014,
By the way, I never heard of SAMMI SMITH before your requests... she is GREAT!... Now that is what country music should be.... they don't make them like that anymore...and that is a shame.. thanks for turning me onto her.....I am a fan now
Thank you so much Don. Yes Sammi Smith IS one of the great old country singers. I liked her music. Saw her in concert once back in the early 70's. I have never seen such fear on a performer in my life as on that night. It stuck with me all these years. Yes traditional country does not exist much anymore, it is all rock now with a country theme, but the music behind all the songs is rock; with few exceptions. By the way, how did you manage to transpose the song up one fret to get rid of all the flats? Guess I'm showing my music theory ignorance, but even at this older age, I'm studying and trying to learn. Its like the C#m in M.E.'s songs, my arthritis won't let me do bar chords, I have to improvise a lot. Thanks again, your a gentleman and a scholar.
I can send you a link to a capo chart that will help...

Also, I have a website that if you put in any song from here you can automatically transpose it...but it involves knowing where to put the capo to keep it in the same key...

And finally for your problem about your hand playing barre chords like the C#m I also have the best chord chart that literally gives at least 20 ways to play that and any other chord....

I will post each of these websites on your profile page under comments ok...just click them on and it will take you directly to the page

And if you don't know how to use them just email me... My email is always on every song I do...
Just put GUITAR RELATED in the subject when you email me so I know that it isn't spam...ok...
Here is an easy way for you to play a C#m especially with arthritis ...you can find this and others on that chord chart I told you about...ok

C#m
E -4-
B -5-
G -6-
D -x-
A -x-
E -x-
Don, your a peach! I'm getting more help from you in a couple of days than I have from anyone for years. May God Bless You for the rest of your born days.
When I started playing guitar many many many years ago there was nothing out there... I am self taught... The Internet has a wealth of knowledge out there now for guitarists....unfortunately or fortunately for me I had to do it all myself.... I know the happiness that playing guitar brings to me...so whenever someone needs help I always try to oblige..... I am currently 61 years old and love all types of music... In country I only really love old country like patsy cline, johnny cash, willie Nelson, etc..... Like I stated if you need anything email me or send me a message through UG and if I can help I will be glad to do so.... Ok.
....by the way, how did you get that "OLD FARMER LADY" under your avatar.... Mine just says registered user... And I would like to perhaps have something besides that under my name....
Last edited by DON CZARSKI at Dec 1, 2014,