So i have a pod hd500 and garageband on my mac buti dont know know what im doing recording wise. I have line 6 monkey and everything installed but im still lost. Whats the best way to connect it to the computer and then what do i do once im in the software? Sorry for the vague question but im completely lost
Hi. Seeing as no one else has responded yet i'll try to get you started. But I'm only guessing here. I have never used a Mac. (If it's named after a fruit and it isn't a fruit, don't buy it..it will suck..IE Blackberry, Apple, Orange..telecom not amps). I digress. If you connect the HD500 to your mac using usb you will have to use the HD500 as your sound card and monitor out to monitors or headphones from the HD500. Whatever you do in the daw will then playback. If it's one of those illuminated dinner placemat things with no usb then I don't know. I'm sorry.

If I'm wrong, which I probably am, some mac owner will be along to put us both right. lol. Here's hoping and best of luck with the project.
You'd have to install drivers for your sound card or the pod if you want to connect it direct, then you need to use recording software, ie Garage band, etc. to run it. The pod can be connected to your sound card via 1/4 in or directly to the PC via USB.
Cool thanks guys. Helped a lot. Now i know enough to get myself started hopefully
Quote by diabolical
You'd have to install drivers for your sound card or the pod if you want to connect it direct, then you need to use recording software, ie Garage band, etc. to run it. The pod can be connected to your sound card via 1/4 in or directly to the PC via USB.

You rarely need drivers on the mac (sometimes you do, but most things support coreaudio).

Plug in the pod, and open up your garageband preference and get the pod all routed. You can probably keep audio going out of your mac soundcard while you use the pod for input, or you can use pod for both and plug your speakers into the pod.

Try searching youtube for tutorials, the initial basics are better seen than read.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite