https://soundcloud.com/ankly/mercenary/s-nDwg2

My first large scale song. It's a bit sloppy and the mix is shitty (particularly the lead guitar track is loud), but it should do the job for now. Hope you guys enjoy it!

p.s.
There's a bit of Born of Osiris into that song as well, because why the hell not.
Quote by adyhendrixc
Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but its sterile and I like the taste.
As you've already said the mix is just not right, so I'll wait for an update before commenting on it.

I haven't found anything in this track composition wise. It's an OK track, but there's nothing that really stands out in it, other than that solo at around 1:48. I actually found it a little hard to not get distracted while listening to the song, but that may just be me.
The rhythm guitars are a bit muddy sounding, and it sounds like through most of the song the right rhythm guitar is a bit louder. The lead tone sounds really good and as you stated its way too loud. I really like the neoclassical lead in the middle of the song. I would try fading out the last note, of the lead, in your DAW to blend it in though. The next part is cool too I like the black metalish thing. Nice and dark sounding. I just noticed listening to the very end that you had a delay on your rhythm guitars. I believe that is where the muddiness would be coming from. That may be your preference though. I think the kick drum could be a bit louder also. Overall I like, but as you stated the mix could use some work, but its not to bad. It has a unique feel to it
I liked elements of it, especially some of the lead guitar work. The solo specifically was well played. The song has a very dark, black metal kind of vibe. As you mentioned, the mix could do some work. With some adjustments, I'm sure you can take it to a whole new level. Lots of things have been covered in other comments already. This kind of song doesn't necessarily need very polished mix, though.

For something completely different:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662683

Keep them coming!
Hey man thanks for the detailed crit of my piece! First things first, for this style, I thought the mix was ok, the solos are just a bit too loud. As for the song, it was very solid. I think the right vocalist would really make this a great song. The music is there, and you definitely understand the style. Im not a huge black metal fan but I enjoyed listening to it! Keep it up man! Thanks again for the honest crit on my piece! Cheers man!
Eklips,
Some of the double-tracked guitar could be tighter. Towards the beginning, it sounded more alternative than black metal-ish, which is fine by me. Later it sounded more metal for me. Mix is a bit muddy. I liked most of the guitar riffs and the drums. Some good vocals wouldn't hurt. Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1662427
Hello there.

So yeah - you already know the lead is way too loud - I nearly crapped myself when it screamed at me the first time.

The bottom end of the mix is pretty muddy - the kick is a bit lost and cold do with some attack to add definition.

The composition isnt bad, although it didnt really jump out and grab me by the danglers. I think it could do with something more to complete it.

Not a bad start though.

Cheers