I want to use dunlop heavy core strings (10-48) but i might want to not drop tune my guitar
I just like how the thicker strings sound and alternative picking is kinda better with thicker strings
Can i equip them with 3 springs only in my floyd rose ?
sure no reason you can't. as long as the string claw is set to counter balance the strings then you are good to go. changing tunings with a Floyd is a huge pain in the ass and requires the string tension to be reset at the claw when you do it.
Quote by DeathmoniC
I want to use dunlop heavy core strings (10-48) but i might want to not drop tune my guitar
I just like how the thicker strings sound and alternative picking is kinda better with thicker strings
Can i equip them with 3 springs only in my floyd rose ?

Sure. There's no mention of the scale on your guitar, but my 25.5" JTV-89F came with 10-46 strings installed stock from the factory and three springs on the trem.

You do want to be careful if you start tossing much heavier strings on your Floyd-equipped guitars. Since all the forces on the trem itself are toward the neck (you have BOTH springs and strings pulling that direction), you need to make sure that the posts are not migrating. I've actually seen posts collapse the wood between themselves and the bridge pickup rout and fall into that rout. The guitar isn't permanently ruined (and can usually be repaired), but realize that putting very heavy strings and springs on a guitar that isn't designed for it can cause issues.
I agree with everyone. You should be able to and I love heavycores.

I'd honestly Install a D-Tuna on your floyd rose and you can go back and forth between a standard and dropped tuning with the pull of this device Eddie Van Halen invented. Does it go back to standard after? yes.

I tried one last year and being a guy who hates van halen I got to give him credit it's a great invention/addition anyone can put on.