I have an Ibanez RGT42DX which I believe is equipped with a Floyd Rose Bridge. I was using it the other day when suddenly the bridge pulled back into the body, causing all of the strings to raise in pitch a few steps. All of the strings did this except for the D string, which actually loosened substantially. I'm guessing that the clamp on one of the saddles loosened, which relieved pressure from the bridge, but I'm not sure. Is there something wrong with the bridge, or is it just a matter or restringing the guitar? Thanks.
I think your d string may have not been clamped tight enough at the bridge and it slipped out (did it come all the way out of the bridge)? This would have caused an imbalance between the springs inside your guitar and the still-clamped strings. Without the d string tuned, the springs are now exerting more force on the bridge than the strings are, thus, they're being pulled up in pitch. For a Floyd to work correctly, the spring/string tension must be perfectly balanced.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Quote by moskeedog
I have an Ibanez RGT42DX which I believe is equipped with a Floyd Rose Bridge. I was using it the other day when suddenly the bridge pulled back into the body, causing all of the strings to raise in pitch a few steps. All of the strings did this except for the D string, which actually loosened substantially. I'm guessing that the clamp on one of the saddles loosened, which relieved pressure from the bridge, but I'm not sure. Is there something wrong with the bridge, or is it just a matter or restringing the guitar? Thanks.

1. is the bridge on the posts?
2. where are the springs at? any broken?
3. how is the claw on the back? well anchored?

i think this could be a little more than just a broken strings. i have broken strings on various trems and haven't had what you described.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've had this happen before. The string probably wasn't clamped right, whether it was too loose or wasn't inserted properly. Just take the string out and try inserting it and tightening it again. Worst case scenario, the string will snap at the bridge from inserting it wrong (happened to me) but if that happens you'll be able to salvage it since it broke at the bridge