I'm having a lot of trouble with one of my pieces, namely the left hand accompaniment. I have to play broken chords that have some serious jumps (C3 to G3 C4 E4 then G2 to G3 C4 E4).

anyone got any helpful pointers?

(yes I'm desperate)
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Practice
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
odd, I need work on my right hand accompaniment

yes I'm disparate
My God, it's full of stars!
sounds lame but really, just practice. Start slowly and just build up speed.
Use your pud on some of the notes as if you had a third hand.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Shotgunmerc
Can you post the music so I can try it out for myself?

http://conquest.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/b/ba/IMSLP249194-PMLP403883-Black_and_white_rag__1908__-_Botsford.pdf [pdf warning]

It's the first two bars on the third last line, the jump is pissing me off

EDIT: the rest of my version is simplified, but not the last section

EDITEDIT: which is actually harder
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Nov 29, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought
odd, I need work on my right hand accompaniment

yes I'm disparate

slept on pun
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yeah nothing you can do about that. Just gotta make the jump really fast. Start super slow, work with a metronome, and work your way up until you can do it at the speed you want.
If you really want to get it perfect, practice it until you can do that bit ten times in a row perfectly, with your eyes closed, slowly building up to the speed you want. Even if you miss it the tenth time, start over and do it ten times again. Guarantee if you can do that, you'll never miss it again.
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by Baby Joel
yeah nothing you can do about that. Just gotta make the jump really fast. Start super slow, work with a metronome, and work your way up until you can do it at the speed you want.
If you really want to get it perfect, practice it until you can do that bit ten times in a row perfectly, with your eyes closed, slowly building up to the speed you want. Even if you miss it the tenth time, start over and do it ten times again. Guarantee if you can do that, you'll never miss it again.

I guess I'll try the ten times thing, it's a practical approach I wouldn't have thought of.

thanks much :cheese:

EDIT: ffs auto-correct

A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Nov 30, 2014,
Quote by Dregen
program it

that's what i do lol

I wish I could, but I have do my 6th grade examination the old fashioned way
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by Baby Joel

Totally off-topic, but I still haven't heard you play on a recording like you said you might do in that other thread.
Free Ali
Free Lard
I'm not sure what fingers you're using for that part, but maybe try a different combination. I just tried it, and I find it easier to play the C chord at the top with my ring, index, and thumb instead of using my pinkie.

Worth a shot

Like everyone else said though, practice the shit out of it, because that's really what it'll come down to. The way my teacher explained it, you shouldn't practice something until you can get it right, you should practice something until there's no way you can get it wrong.
Quote by Shotgunmerc
I'm not sure what fingers you're using for that part, but maybe try a different combination. I just tried it, and I find it easier to play the C chord at the top with my ring, index, and thumb instead of using my pinkie.

Worth a shot

Like everyone else said though, practice the shit out of it, because that's really what it'll come down to. The way my teacher explained it, you shouldn't practice something until you can get it right, you should practice something until there's no way you can get it wrong.

those fingers might be an idea, thanks
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Quote by chrismendiola
Totally off-topic, but I still haven't heard you play on a recording like you said you might do in that other thread.

Right now the biggest obstacle (besides motivation) is a lack of knowing how to record (well) a grand piano using only a phone or a laptop built-in mic.
the real advice helped. Thank you for your assistance.

Quote by Baby Joel
Right now the biggest obstacle (besides motivation) is a lack of knowing how to record (well) a grand piano using only a phone or a laptop built-in mic.

I don't give a shit about quality, I want to hear someone better than me that I know something about (even if you are not who you say you are).
A poem.
Quote by yoman297

Last edited by Pastafarian96 at Dec 2, 2014,
well now I have to work on waking up before my sister puts her kids to bed