I'd like a pick that has the sharpness of a Jazz III, but is thicker. Jazz III's are 1.14mm thick. Any recommendations?

I've tried a lot of thicker picks, but they don't give me that attack that the Jazz III does and I think that's due to their "sharpness."
Quote by RyanMW2010
Yikes, $6 a pick? Gotta be sure never to lose them.

$6 isn't really that much, at least not compared to some picks like Red Bear or Blue Chip.

And then again, compare that to strings. When you think about it, you spend $3-$10 on strings, and those last you for between a week and a month depending on how often you change them.

Picks on the other hand probably last you months, maybe years, depending on how quickly you can wear them down and how particular you are about the shape of your pick (keeping it in the "new" shape versus a slight amount of wear).
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I know Dunlop are now doing the Tortex picks which are billed as a sort of hybrid between the standard Tortex and a Jazz III. Something like 'the tone of the Tortex with the playability of the Jazz III' they said.

It's like a Tortex but pointed on the end like a Jazz III pick. I like them and i think they go up to 2mm.
Quote by mabbamam
Dunlop Stubby picks should be in the ball park.

I really like these! I though I was the only one that used them! I use the 3mm cause I really like a thick pick... Even the 3mm narrows to a fine point. When I try other picks now, my tone suffers. My only complaint is sometimes they are harder to make small adjustments if the pick slips due the big indentation grip.

Quote by RyanMW2010
Yikes, $6 a pick? Gotta be sure never to lose them.

The more picks I have, the more picks I loose. If I just buy one or two picks at a time, I never loose it cause I am more focused on not loosing it. If I buy a pack of picks, my couch, car, washing machine, etc. will be full of picks
i have a guitar competition tomorrow but have some course works to be completed anyway i just used an http://essaysmaster.com/ essay writing service so i could get time to practice more..
Last edited by jenniffer07 at Jul 13, 2015,
Quote by jenniffer07
i have a guitar competition tomorrow but have some course works to be completed anyway i just used an http://essaysmaster.com/ essay writing service so i could get time to practice more..

*reported*

Come on guys, thread's nearly a year old and was necro'd by an obvious spambot.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.