I've just picked up a new Duvell and one of the Schaller strap locks that came with it won't slide onto the docking screw.

Any ideas on how I could solve this?
Give it a spray with some WD-40?
If you got it new from a shop I'd be getting at looked at and fixed under warranty.
I had that problem with my friend's guitar until I realized I was stupid, calmed down and in it went.
I doubt that when it's brand new that you could have any problems.. but I'd take it straight to the shop...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

It is rather odd considering that the parts are new. However, I've checked both screws with the other strap lock and one of them definitely isn't sized right on something.

I'll drop the dealer an email and try and get another set sent to me. Unfortunately Mayones only have one dealer in the UK, and main shops are in Scotland so visiting them is a little hard.
^^^^^^.... My mom got a 6 month old Lexus ES 300 h Sedan just by part time work from a mac-book air... read the full info here.....
>>>>> USA-REVIEW.COM
Quote by AlongcameFred
It is rather odd considering that the parts are new. However, I've checked both screws with the other strap lock and one of them definitely isn't sized right on something.

I'll drop the dealer an email and try and get another set sent to me. Unfortunately Mayones only have one dealer in the UK, and main shops are in Scotland so visiting them is a little hard.

Aww, that's sad... I thought they make only one size for the Schaller strap-locks... smells fishy
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Did you pull the spring loaded release mechanism too see if it is stuck or did you just expect it to slide over? Sometimes it get stuck and need lubrication.

Having used both Schaller and Dunlop strap locks for a couple of years, I think they have one serious flaw - wear. Metal against metal, and a heavy guitar, or one with the strap screw at an angle (Les Paul) will mean you have to replace the parts every year or so. Every time I've played my Esp Eclipse I had metal dust on my guitar using Schaller. The strap-part wore groves into the pin.

As long as you check that all parts are secure, they are quite reliable though.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.