We are currently experiencing load shedding. My lead guitarist has the fear that the valves will be damaged and that it will no longer function after a power cut. Will it blow or not?
Quote by 13Trivium13
Will it blow or not?

tehe this is funny

and pretty much what the entire thread will be focused on
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Can you unplug it?

Is it on a power strip with a surge protector? It should be.

Otherwise,
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
We are having band practice tomorrow and really need the time. We are just preparing for the worst. There are two sources on what time it will go out and both are different
Get a power strip with a surge protector.

Also bring flashlight so you can sit around and tell ghost stories while the power is out.
The ladies need a surge protector when I use my power strip. I might damage their circuit with my solid state. Somethings gonna blow and unplugging isn't possible
Last edited by ultimate-slash at Nov 30, 2014,
Quote by Axelfox
Tubes sound good when they are cranked up.

Solid advice right here.
Quote by Axelfox
what you need is a new amp

Wow, do we suck that much that it took that long to say this.
Quote by snipelfritz

I'm not even a regular here anymore and I really expected better. You've let me down again, UG.
Quote by snipelfritz

it seems some who go on here are sleeping or something
Power goes off and fluctuates here all the time. I had my fridge blow and my dishwasher in 3 months. Now everything expensive gets plugged into a proper surge protector. My amp did blow a fuse once before the surge protector.
I hear that kind of power surge acts like a 15db mid boost, so no need to worry.
I've seen you guys play and what you really need is a new fog machine.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by snipelfritz

because when the guy actually needs a new amp

it is not funny to say that he needs a new amp
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Your fuses are what will blow in a power surge. They're designed to break as a barrier to high voltage.

Bring a couple of extra fuses with you if anything happens and you'll be fine mate.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
just bring some fuses and you will be all set for a power surge. If there were a surge, Im sure the high amp fuse will blow before the tubes. If theres a power outage, probably nothing will happen.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Unplug the amp

And it prolly won't blow the tubes. caps & transformers will blow and may catch fire if the fuse doesn't blow thou
KIFFLOM
Im also in SA, the load shedding sucks. I dont think amps will be damaged. Its basicly like Eskom flipping a big Off switch, it should have the same effect as unplugging the amp while its running. However, the return of power can properly **** it up, this sort of thing has happened before. Dont leave the amp on after the power cuts.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Your fuses are what will blow in a power surge. They're designed to break as a barrier to high voltage.

Bring a couple of extra fuses with you if anything happens and you'll be fine mate.

Yeah this. My amp (which I like, never use nowadays) has almost never been damaged by power source issues and I've used it in some sketchy places, like a church hall where there was so much static when the crummy dimmers were on that I grounded all the microphones directly... That was a weird gig.
I eat bananas vigorously

BUTTS.

To the pit because i don't feel like doing real life.