I wonder is it worth to buy the second guitar almost by the same price? (not expensive, just one more but not the same)
btw srry for my english
Its always nice to have a variety in gear so yes. i like to have a single coil guitar and a humbucker guitar. The humbuckers push the amp harder giving it a totally different sound vs a single coil. I love both they each have there own sound. Hope that helps
I have multiple guitars for different tunings. All of them cost me no more than $300 stock (of course I dump new pickups and such in them). If you have a need for a second guitar, then by all means go get one.
Gibson RD Silverburst w/ Lace Dissonant Aggressors (SOLD)
Electra Omega Prime Ceruse
Fender Franken-Jag Bass

Amps and the like:
Laney VH100R
Seismic Luke 2x12
Dunlop 105Q Wah
Gojira FX 808
Line 6 M9
As the others said, if you want a guitar with different options, then buy one. If you currently have a guitar with single coils; buy one with humbuckers, and vice versa if you have a humbucker-equipped guitar.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Yeah defo.Ive bought one a year for the last four years now.

Different woods pick ups make all the difference.all my guitars are a wee bit different from each other.

Find a model you fancy then YouTube it for demos and look for reviews on here and other sites.

I recommend ltd guitars.very affordable with good quality.

Hope this helps.
I wonder is it worth to buy the second guitar almost by the same price? (not expensive, just one more but not the same)
btw srry for my english

Yes if there are enough difference between them which gives different reasons for playing one versus the other. Like a Mexico Strat and a Les Paul studio/Epiphone.

Stratocasters with different enough options like pickups, maple/rosewood, color, number of frets, etc.

For me I got my 2 main guitars since 1995 and 1997. I traded for my home build Stratocaster and worked hard for my US Jackson custom Rhoads which was expensive but they both have different reasons shape and sounds for me playing any of them. I love them both.
Well most of mines has cost roughly the same price so have a budget and stick to it.

Dont be afraid to buy second hand as you can do well if you look properly.

What is your budget?
Even if you buy two very similar guitars (or even the same exact model), it can be a life saver.

I've had a few gigs where a string broke and my backup strat saved my ass (run it through an A/B box and keep the backup plugged in, tuned, and ready to go on the side of the stage). I float my trem, so one broken string means the whole guitar is out of tune...
Quote by mjones1992
Even if you buy two very similar guitars (or even the same exact model), it can be a life saver.

I've had a few gigs where a string broke and my backup strat saved my ass (run it through an A/B box and keep the backup plugged in, tuned, and ready to go on the side of the stage). I float my trem, so one broken string means the whole guitar is out of tune...

This.

If you're gigging, a spare guitar is not an optional extra.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Yes. Different tones for different kinds of music are always nice, so a different guitar is good to have. And having a backup for giging is even nicer, so you should have a very similar guitar to the main one. So basicly, you need 4 guitars at least, for two different kinds of tones, and a backup for each one. And also an acustic, and a backup for that as well. And then of course you need a 7 string, and a backup, and maybe a bass or two. You also need some for different tunigs. And backups. Of course.

I think i need help.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
2 guitars is always good. the only addition to what has been said i'll make is it kinda depends on what your are talking about $ wise. what I mean is that if you are talking about having 2 dirt cheap axes then it may not be money wisely spent. once you hit intermediate priced guitars then certainly is worth getting another one. if you are talking cheapies then I'd be more inclined to say keep saving until you can get a better guitar.
Quote by monwobobbo
2 guitars is always good. the only addition to what has been said i'll make is it kinda depends on what your are talking about $ wise. what I mean is that if you are talking about having 2 dirt cheap axes then it may not be money wisely spent. once you hit intermediate priced guitars then certainly is worth getting another one. if you are talking cheapies then I'd be more inclined to say keep saving until you can get a better guitar.

Well for example I've got an Epi-SG g-400 sounds pretty good to me and I don't really think that this is some kind of a sleaze guitar
And I'm thinkin of buyin some Fender squier strat or even Yamaha pacifica or smth like that
Last edited by Wermund at Dec 1, 2014,
Quote by Wermund
Well for example I've got an Epi-SG g-400 sounds pretty good to me and I don't really think that this is some kind of a sleaze guitar
And I'm thinkin of buyin some Fender squier strat or even Yamaha pacifica or smth like that

ok that's cool. the G-400 is a good guitar. now if you are getting a Squier strat then I'd go for one of the classic vibe series as they are very good guitars.
Yes!I currently have four,Have had many over the years.I play them all depending on what music i feel like playing or what sound i want or just what mood i'm in.
If you're gigging then you 100% need a second guitar on standby.I learned that the hard way,Having only one can lead to some embarrassing moments.
I have a few guitars... Nothing wrong with buying another!
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Not at all. I own 3-4 at all times (Floyd Roses don't like changing tunings, haha).
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
if you change tuning many times yes
you will save money if so with two
it is good if one breaks a string and you have a spare guitar also
Get more !!! (as long as you can afford it, pay your bills and not having to go into debt)

I have
A single cut humbucker
A double cut humbucker
A double cut humbucker with single coil and coil tap
A 3 single coil
A hollowbody electric
An Acoustic

They all weight different, different pick ups, different wood, different scale, feel different and sound different.
If you like the idea of having a couple more guitars and see yourself using them, it's definitely worth buying them. As long as it's something that you'll enjoy and get pleasure out of.

How much you spend on them it's up to you, you may prefer having a few cheaper guitars with a variety of tone, character and feeling, than 1 or 2 more expensive ones.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Yup, you can never have too many guitars lol

I have 3 but need to do some work on one of them. Very handy to have 3 in particular because as people have said they're great to have them for alternative tunings. I have one in E Standard and one in Eb Standard.
Quote by monwobobbo

Agreed. A lot of people say it's better to have one great guitar than several crap ones, and I agree- but once you hit the price point where things start getting decent, it's much more of a judgement call, and depends on how many different types of tone(s) you like to be able to get, how many different tunings you use, etc. etc.

I'd rather have an MIM standard strat than 4 squier bullet strats, but would I rather have one masterbuilt custom shop Fender than 3 USA (non-custom shop) Fenders? That's a much harder decision, especially if you need (for example) both strat and tele tones.

And that's before you even consider, as several people have said, that if you gig you pretty much need a spare guitar (maybe a couple of spare guitars) in case you break a string.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
And that's before you even consider, as several people have said, that if you gig you pretty much need a spare guitar (maybe a couple of spare guitars) in case you break a string.

Or worse.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd rather have an MIM standard strat than 4 squier bullet strats, but would I rather have one masterbuilt custom shop Fender than 3 USA (non-custom shop) Fenders? That's a much harder decision, especially if you need (for example) both strat and tele tones.

And it is sooooo easy to find excellent guitars in the $500-1000 range right now.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Yeah.

(Plus you can often get really good deals too if you keep an eye out and have your share of luck.)

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate nice guitars as much as anyone. But I don't agree with the mentality that some people have that you should always be trying to upgrade or aiming to have a boutique quality guitar (and fewer of them, if that's what it takes to afford them). Apart from anything, you'll never be happy if you think like that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Plus you can often get really good deals too if you keep an eye out and have your share of luck.

Dude, I am SO bummed I had to pass on a brand-new burgundy Godin Belmont- a guitar I REALLY like- for 36% off this week. I have the $ for it, but I'm still tripping over the last 2 axes I bought, so I'm in kind of a self-imposed moratorium on guitar purchases until I rearrange the collection.

https://reverb.com/item/193041-richmond-belmont-burgundy

...still buying pedals, though.

LOL

I'm more or less done. There are a couple of things that if they come along at the right price that I might pick up, but by and large, yeah, I'm done.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
...for now.

Quote by dannyalcatraz
...for now.

+1.

Any guitarist who says he doesn't want more kit is lying.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
A lot of serious guitarists have at least 2 guitars. My current rig is:
- Strat with .12's I keep in Eb
- Epi SG in open E
- Cheap beater w/humbuckers in standard
- Epi SG doubleneck
- An acoustic
And I'll soon be getting a Strat to keep in E standard.

My personal belief is that you can have as many guitars as you want, as long as there are some noticeable differences between them, and of course you actually play them.
I could quite easily see myself with an LP, another SG, a dobro, a Tele and a decent acoustic in the future, but I know I'd get the use out of them and that they each produce a very distinctive tone.
Last edited by nathan:-) at Dec 3, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz
...for now.

LOL
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?