Hi,
Both of my hands can go pretty fast but they can't stay in synch with each other. I wondered if you have any exercises or any tips?, and how long does it take for them to get in synch?
Thanks!
There's really no secret trick. Like said above, start slow and be patient.
No, there is no real timetable. Everyone is different.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Slow down to where they're perfectly in sync and then get it comfortable from there.
Play your licks and riffs with a click nice and slow, and build up speed gradually. After about ten or so attempts, ramp up the speed really fast so it`s just past your limit to freshen it up and reset your brain, then go slow again and repeat the process.

You`ll be surprised at how much quicker you will be able to play the licks properly doing it this way.
Get a free copy of my eBook at Guitar Domination

If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix
At the risk of repetition, as everyone says, you have to play really slowly and accurately to monitor and fix sync. I'd even suggest you only play really slow for a couple of weeks, before any speeding up. Be prepared for a surprise when you do (if you try this)!
Quote by Guitar137335
Hi,
Both of my hands can go pretty fast but they can't stay in synch with each other. I wondered if you have any exercises or any tips?, and how long does it take for them to get in synch?
Thanks!

Totally agree with jerrykramskoy, if you are playing for the fist time a 2 hand exercise, going fast too soon can screw up your muscular memory process of learning.
Quote by jerrykramskoy
At the risk of repetition, as everyone says, you have to play really slowly and accurately to monitor and fix sync. I'd even suggest you only play really slow for a couple of weeks, before any speeding up. Be prepared for a surprise when you do (if you try this)!

This is solid advice.

I used to try and play some Paul Gilbert stuff, and i could never ever nail it anywhere near the speed and no matter what i would do - like slowing down to where i could play it just about at a push for example - wouldn't work.

I've been practicing uber slowly for a week for about 2 hours a day, and haven't even practiced the specific lick and yet now i can do it cleanly, effortlessly and whilst being totally relaxed, much much faster than i ever could when i played 8 hours per day a few years back. I still can't play it at speed but the difference has been staggering. Noticeably different after just one week of slow playing concentrating on relaxation and technique.