Wow, it's been a good five years since I've posted on UG. So, I guess we'll just dive into this.

For those of you who own an xbox 360, and give a shit about your gamerscrore (games completed, achievement status etc.) I have a question. I'm playing Assassin's Creed (few years behind) and I'm roughly half way done with the game. I believe I've only got three blocks to complete. When I began playing the game I just wanted to play through it, beat it, move on to the second installment.

Then my inner slut came out.

I've been trying to go back and grab all the flags, and Templars, but having played the game so far, I've scattered out my flags and my templars. But I really want those achievements. Same for actually assassinating all your targets (I got one).

So, my question to you is: Have you ever deleted your game data to replay a game solely for the achievements. If you have, was it worth it? If you haven't, have you considered.
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
To be fair though, I live with a lady who bangs me quite often. So, it's not gonna hindrance my penis
Quote by el-ECTRO
If your child can breathe, suspect drugs. Only people who breathe take drugs. People who cannot breathe still can, but it is increasingly difficult.
Cause I thought maybe I could get few real answers from people who've considered it. But, I guess The Pit never changes, so it was foolish on my part.
Quote by el-ECTRO
achievements are fun if they're fun achievements and they're not fun if they're collectible achievements.
Whenever I get them I'm like, "Huh, neat". I don't bother trying to get them.
Quote by rocker_46788
Cause I thought maybe I could get few real answers from people who've considered it. But, I guess The Pit never changes, so it was foolish on my part.
my answer was pretty real tho
ggg1 ggg3

I thought this was about *******s
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by behind_you
achievements are pointless and stupid

right like why tf would you even get a 360

its all about trophies obvi
I try to get as much achievements as I can because it gives me something to do in the game, But I never go as far as replaying the game to get a few. I'v only gotten 100% of the achievements in 2 games, and their both arcade games.
The only real achievement in games is how much time you've wasted.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I would never replay a game to get the achievements but I'll try to get them all before I'm done the first time. Most games I don't even consider replaying, it's done when it's done.
I used to do it with Jak & Daxter for the secrets and bonus material. That was when collectables actually gave a reward which you could look forward to and enjoy
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
i only like the achievements with clever names. i don't remember any off the top of my head.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I used to actively try to get some trophies on games but was like 'wtf am I doing with my life' and stopped
ayy lmao
Quote by chookiecookie
I used to actively try to get some trophies on games but was like 'wtf am I doing with my life' and stopped

same

now I just generally think "wtf am I doing with my life"
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
It depends on if you want the achievements and not just because the game has them.

I mean I wanted to get all the skulls in halo 3 but I cheated using the Internet so who cares. But obv game stats/1337 skills achievements are good to work towards.

I mean I think the games designed pretty well and is fine the way it is, as long as you're just kind to everybody in the game or w/e
the only games I've ever 100%ed were Oblivion and Skyrim but that's because getting the achievements for them are ridiculously easy

that being said I think my old profile had like 30k gamerscore if I remember correctly
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by behind_you
achievements are pointless and stupid

Mostly, yeah.

Some of them are actually kind of cool, like the ones where you have to beat a really hard boss on the hardest (or second hardest) setting. Although, Dark Souls and DS2 bosses all have that kind of achievement, which is where it really gets impressive.

But the "gather X amount of this item" or "kill 50 of these guys" achievements are lame. It's lazy on the part of devs, if they can't think of something better than that.
Civ 5 has an Indiana Jones achievement, where you have to have an american archaeologist steal an artifact from Egypt with a german archaeologist nearby. I doubt I'd ever get into such situation though