So I ain't the money to be paying out the ass for a Gibson LP just to get a Floyd on it. I know I've seen some before but can't remember what they are, anyone know of LP styled guitars with a Floyd for around $500-600?
ESP / LTD , Schecter to a certain degree. Kramer.

honestly though get what is called either a ..
or a kahler stud mounted (my pick) - this has no modding required
floyd rose has a new one out too. - very expensive

the big reason is a lot if not all are not flat surfaces so by adding a tremolo to one is a horrible idea and getting a guitar routed for a floyd rose is near impossible to have it play to it's full potential unless you get the frets raidused a certain way.

but of course with any get a locking nut installed or some locking tuners to have the guitars go to its full potential.
Check out a Schecter for sure. You can most likely find a used Hellraiser or Blackjack in their LP style shape with a Floyd for that price. Or, new, you could get a Damien Elite, with a Floyd Special.

Edit: Looking at their website, maybe this year's Damiens aren't available in that shape.
Last edited by the_bi99man at Dec 2, 2014,
Quote by Tallwood13

the big reason is a lot if not all are not flat surfaces so by adding a tremolo to one is a horrible idea and getting a guitar routed for a floyd rose is near impossible to have it play to it's full potential unless you get the frets raidused a certain way.

I'm not sure what that last was all about. A good tech has no issue with routing for a Floyd Rose for its full potential except in one case -- the occasional Les Paul that has too much neck angle. Gibsons have varied in that respect (their spec sheets haven't, but the guitars have). Then you'll have the Floyd sitting up in their and you'll probably need to modify your case. You don't have to have your "frets radiused a certain way." I've got a ton of Floyd-equipped guitars, and no tech I've ever used has said that. My various guitars have 10, 12, 13.7 and 16" radii fretboards.

In your price range, an Agile AL-3100 is a great way to go. I've got three Agiles (just one is a 3100, though), all with Floyds, If you get to a point where you've got more money to spend, look at the Carvin CS series (LPs with 22 and 24 frets that will all take Floyds) or at picking up an Agile AL-3200 semi-custom. The 3200 has the Axcess-style neck heel and tummy cut, and the semi-custom can be ordered with alternate scales, 24 frets, a Floyd, stainless frets and more, and you'll probably always be below $1200 all up.
I'd look at a new ESP LTD EC-401 or a used LTD EC-1000 for that price range. They come with either EMG actives or Seymour Duncan Passives typically. Guitar Center Used is normally littered with them. . . .

Agile may be a good option too if you are in the states.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If you're in the USA, check out Fernandes' clearance sale:

http://www.fernandesguitarshop.com/monterey/70-monterey-deluxe-tremolo.html

Good axe at a STOOPID price. (The usual street price on those is $950-1200, so...)
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Dec 2, 2014,
Quote by dannyalcatraz

Good axe at a STOOPID price. (The usual street price on those is $950-1200, so...)

Yes, yes it is. Those prices kill me! And the hard case adds a whole $50 extra? Woohoo!