Hello all, I am looking to buy a Carvin V3M combo and I noticed I could get a V30 factory installed, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that. I play mostly modern rock/metal and sometimes use low tunings and such. I've heard the V30 is bright and that is a bright amp, but V30s seem like what lots of professionals use, but of course that doesn't mean much with tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Anyway I was wondering if that would be a good speaker choice, and if not what would be a better choice. Thanks!
Quote by Brandon2121
Hello all, I am looking to buy a Carvin V3M combo and I noticed I could get a V30 factory installed, and I was wondering if anyone has any experience with that. I play mostly modern rock/metal and sometimes use low tunings and such. I've heard the V30 is bright and that is a bright amp, but V30s seem like what lots of professionals use, but of course that doesn't mean much with tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment. Anyway I was wondering if that would be a good speaker choice, and if not what would be a better choice. Thanks!

it's a bright amp and doesn't need a bright speaker , that's what Carvin told me , I got the 2x12 slant top with the GT speakers .... I like the amp very much and use it for modern rock/metal , we tune half step down and drop C# ..... the V3m head is the best 550.00 I ever spent on a amp
Don't know about the stock Carvin speakers, I hear mixed things. But I have v30's in my V3m and I love it.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
Quote by McLeod
Don't know about the stock Carvin speakers, I hear mixed things. But I have v30's in my V3m and I love it.

They don't sound too harsh in the highs and mids?
I don't find it harsh at all. I find the EQ on the amp to be very responsive so you can dial a sound in if you spend the time with it.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
On the Carvin forum most think the speaker box is too small on the Combo for the V30's to sound good .... the v30's seem ok on a cab format but still not recommended from the guy's that played with speakers , on page two of the provided link is a good page on speaker swaps from Bandit2013 for the combo , the very first post from the OP on page one does and his is a combo too .... good luck , it's a great amp .... like mentioned from McLeod the EQ is very responsive on these Carvin's
Quote by Fumble fingers
On the Carvin forum most think the speaker box is too small on the Combo for the V30's to sound good .... the v30's seem ok on a cab format but still not recommended from the guy's that played with speakers , on page two of the provided link is a good page on speaker swaps from Bandit2013 for the combo , the very first post from the OP on page one does and his is a combo too .... good luck , it's a great amp .... like mentioned from McLeod the EQ is very responsive on these Carvin's

That appears to be the general consensus. I suppose I should be looking for a speaker that is a bit darker, and I came across the K-100 and I was maybe thinking that would be a better fit for this amp
WGS veteran 30s tame the highs a tad.

perhaps a lead 80?
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)