Hey everyone. New to the forum, but been playing for a few years. I recently picked up a Schecter C1 platinum at GC for a hell of a deal (Less than $300 new after discounts).

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Guitar-Research-C-1-Platinum-Electric-Guitar-109112169-i3055179.gc

GC Had them on sale for $349 over the weekend, and I had a $75 off orders of $499 or more discount, so I added the hard case and a few other nic-nacks to bring the order over $500.

My previous guitar was a Epi LP Special II, which was OK, but nowhere near the level of this one. Absolutely love the neck on it, its a dream to play.

My next purchase is going to be a new amp. I bounced around ideas of getting a full stack, and realized I really don't need that. And for the amount of money i wanted to spend, I doubt I would be able to get something quality.

As far as music, I mostly play 80's hard rock and 90's grunge. Some newer stuff as well, but nothing too crazy.

After reading a ton of reviews online, and playing some amps at GC, I think I'm going to go with a Burgera 333XL-212 combo. Unfortunately my local GC doesn't carry these, so I'll have to order it. Does anyone have experience with this amp? Particularly running through a Schecter with active pups?

Any other recommendations for a 50W+ tube combo that would be a good fit for the music I play under $600? Keep in mind, I'm not interested in the used market. I know I can get more gear for my dollar, but I like new stuff, and warranty's.

I attached a couple pictures of my new toy. Enjoy.

Thanks

http://i62.tinypic.com/29vxpxj.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/30vbrzq.jpg
http://i62.tinypic.com/2dqk5g3.jpg

EDIT: linked to the pictures instead, they were huge in the body on this thread.
Last edited by drnez at Dec 2, 2014,
Bugera have tons of reliability issues. Personally a Jet City, DSL, Peavey XXX or an Engl Thunder are all good options here.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Bugera have tons of reliability issues. Personally a Jet City, DSL, Peavey XXX or an Engl Thunder are all good options here.

Can you cite some specific examples of the reliability issues? From what I gather, most people complaining about the reliability of them have never owned them, and typically come around toting the Marshall bandwagon like its he only amp manufacturer worth its salt. I'm not saying this is you, I'm just curious and would like more information.

Thanks
Regarding your other recommendations.

The Jet City (JCA5012C) looks nice, but its $100 more than I want to spend.
The DSL (DSL40) is also $100 more than I want to spend.
I cant find the Peavey XXX new from any of the normal places
The Engl Thunder is WAY over my budget.
Go for used from GC Iirc they have a thirty day return policy, but I'm in Europe. So I'm not entirely sure. Well Bugera is owned by Behringer but also the earlier models had a plastic in the amp that would cause it to over heat and smoke but they also had other problems too. Tons of threads on here regarding Bugera reliability
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Bugera's issues have been well documented. they are built cheaply and have quality control issues. ask any amp tech that has worked on them and they will tell you this. they have improved and solved the fire issue a couple of years back (though that still haunts them as the stories are often repeated even now).

don't be so fast to discount going used. you'll do better for your money. yes warranties are nice but if you go to a place like Guitar Center then you do get at least a 30 day warranty and can buy an extended one for not a whole lot of money.
Quote by monwobobbo
Bugera's issues have been well documented. they are built cheaply and have quality control issues. ask any amp tech that has worked on them and they will tell you this. they have improved and solved the fire issue a couple of years back (though that still haunts them as the stories are often repeated even now).

Yeah, that's basically what I gathered. It seems they had some big issues in the past that have since been corrected. Most of the recent (2013-2014) reviews I've seen have been favorable.

Checking out the DSL40 right now.. I'm not a huge fan of marshall sound (call me crazy, i dont see what all the fuss is about), but that particular amp sounds alright. Going to head up to GC on friday to check out one in person.
The older DSL amps at least to my ears, the older ones are British/Vietnamese?

Also active pups, get a noisegate if you don't have one already
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Last edited by Fisheth24 at Dec 2, 2014,
Unfortunately it doesnt look like my local GC has the jet city JCA5012C in stock.
Quote by Fisheth24

Also active pups, get a noisegate if you don't have one already

Ya, figured I would need one. Thats what turned me on to the Bugera to begin with. It has one built-in. Though I've read its not the best, but its functional.