Hello folks,

I would wish to get some advice on a pedalboard I am working on. I used pedalboard.com to project this. I am trying to go for something more versatile like ambient/postrock/shoegaze to praise/worship. What do you guys think?

I am using a PT-JR with Modtone Powerplant. You reckon I have enough power? Just want to hear what sort of kind advice you guys have to give.

I have also included my signal path so yup..feel free to let me know your thoughts!

*oh the 4.5x5 pedal is a Arc Effects Klone V2 (Overdrive!)
Last edited by amonwong91 at Dec 2, 2014,
I'm not sure what you are asking for. Pedaltrains and Isolated supplies are always good to have. For effects-heavy genres like ambient and shoegaze, 7 outputs might not be enough though. I also don't see a signal chain in your post...
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 2, 2014,
Not a bad board, i would arrange it a little different. but thats all asthetics for me.

Maybe a different gain pedal. some sort of tube screamer just to add a different flavour.

Chorus?

As long as everything runs on 9v and dont want to run any at 18 then you should be fine with the modtone. However i would go for the voodoo lab PP2+ as it gives you what you want and more
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Last edited by loki_lulamen at Dec 2, 2014,
Quote by Will Lane
I'm not sure what you are asking for. Pedaltrains and Isolated supplies are always good to have. For effects-heavy genres like ambient and shoegaze, 7 outputs might not be enough though. I also don't see a signal chain in your post...

Oh I meant signal path! So sorry. I see. What would you recommend I change for to compensate for that though? (:

I figured I could go for smaller-sized pedals but other than replacing the Diamond Compressor with a Xotic Effects compresor or a HoF mini, I can't really see what else I can change that would create more place.

Quote by loki_lulamen
Not a bad board, i would arrange it a little different. but thats all asthetics for me.

Maybe a different gain pedal. some sort of tube screamer just to add a different flavour.

Chorus?

As long as everything runs on 9v and dont want to run any at 18 then you should be fine with the modtone. However i would go for the voodoo lab PP2+ as it gives you what you want and more

Oh so sorry about that! Yup it's an overdrive. I see. How does the PP2+ fit into a back of a PT-JR though? I haven't seen or installed anything from Voodoo Labs before and I am quite new at this you see.

How would you arrange it?
Quote by amonwong91
Oh I meant signal path! So sorry. I see. What would you recommend I change for to compensate for that though? (:

I figured I could go for smaller-sized pedals but other than replacing the Diamond Compressor with a Xotic Effects compresor or a HoF mini, I can't really see what else I can change that would create more place.

I had to go into the quote reply to find your image link. It's invisible to me for whatever reason.

Why do you have a delay in the middle and at the end of your chain? There are a lot of things you can do with that, but I'm not sure of your reasoning.

Also, you might want to put the volume pedal at the beginning or end of your chain. It should be able to connect to the tuner. I'd suggest getting a HOF mini for a light wash underneath your tone for crisp, driving parts/solos. I'd use the full HOF for ultra-saturated, liquified reverb.

There are a lot of micro-sized pedals that sound and look great, a few brands are Hotone, Mooer, and TC Electronics. Look into them if you think you might be lacking. You might also want a tap/expression pedal for the expression output for the Panther Cub, and maybe a clean boost.

Also, having a Klone is always good. I have the Soul Food by EHX, and she's great.

If you're not using that 9VAC port, you could slap a 1-spot to there as well for another patch of pedals.
you would mount the pp2 same as you would the modtone.

I would lay it out like this:

But as i said, 2 transparent ODs would not be my choice. id probably keep the Klone and swap the EM for a TS9 or similar.

The only other thing i would suggest is get a bigger board. once you get started on the pedal thing then you will need more space.
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by loki_lulamen
-picture-

The only other thing i would suggest is get a bigger board. once you get started on the pedal thing then you will need more space.

It looks like he has plenty of room, at least for some smaller pedals. He already has a good foundation.
Quote by loki_lulamen
you would mount the pp2 same as you would the modtone.

But as i said, 2 transparent ODs would not be my choice. id probably keep the Klone and swap the EM for a TS9 or similar.

I see! Any particular reason why you laid it out that way though?

Okay! So would you recommend like say, a Lovepedal Kalamazoo or Emerson Paramount Overdrive?

I get your point about the power but at the moment, this should be able to sufficiently power the board right?

Quote by Will Lane
I had to go into the quote reply to find your image link. It's invisible to me for whatever reason.

Why do you have a delay in the middle and at the end of your chain? There are a lot of things you can do with that, but I'm not sure of your reasoning.

Also, you might want to put the volume pedal at the beginning or end of your chain. It should be able to connect to the tuner. I'd suggest getting a HOF mini for a light wash underneath your tone for crisp, driving parts/solos. I'd use the full HOF for ultra-saturated, liquified reverb.

There are a lot of micro-sized pedals that sound and look great, a few brands are Hotone, Mooer, and TC Electronics. Look into them if you think you might be lacking. You might also want a tap/expression pedal for the expression output for the Panther Cub, and maybe a clean boost.

Also, having a Klone is always good. I have the Soul Food by EHX, and she's great.

If you're not using that 9VAC port, you could slap a 1-spot to there as well for another patch of pedals.

I see! I wanted to place the volume pedal so that it wouldn't affect my overdrive tone but still leave the reverb and delay trailing? Haha.

I see. I was also considering the Diamond Memory Lane Jr since it has the tap function and it looks so much easier to use. What do you think about that instead?

Any particular mini-pedal from Hotone, Mooer or TC you recommend for those genres (worship/shoe-gaze)?

Thanks so much you two!
oh id only lay it out like that for my own ergonomic and asthetic preferences. Nothing sound wise.

The Modtone will cover the pedals fine. the only reason i was suggesting the PP2+ was that there is more outputs incase you want to expand and to sort of future proof yourself.

As for the Screamer. Its all about preference. and tbh they all pretty much do the same thing. really the only choice you have is between a single tone control or the split treble and bass controls.

And its a pleasure to help.
My Rig:
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
Quote by amonwong91

(1) I see! I wanted to place the volume pedal so that it wouldn't affect my overdrive tone but still leave the reverb and delay trailing? Haha.

(2) I see. I was also considering the Diamond Memory Lane Jr since it has the tap function and it looks so much easier to use. What do you think about that instead?

(3) Any particular mini-pedal from Hotone, Mooer or TC you recommend for those genres (worship/shoe-gaze)?

(1) That is an interesting way of using it. Clever!

(2) I actually quite like the Panther Cub. Really solid, seems to have more options, and you're able to control the modulation n such with a expression pedal. The Jr is less expensive though.

(3) Particularly a clean boost. All 3 brands have one.