Hello,

So I have dillema, I need to choose between the Ibanez RG370DX and the Vintage VS6.
Don't worry about prices or anything. All in all, which would you consider as the better option? Sound/quality/durability/performance. Music styles vary from light rock to heavy metal.
can't comment on the Ibanez but I do have a VS6. for an SG copy I find it to be really good. the guitar does classic rock stuff really well. wouldn't be my first choice for modern metal though. the pickups are decent but kinda on te dark side tonally. they are more like a Gibson PAF though so once again not great for modern metal. I can get a good 70s-early 80s metal sound out of it but that's about it.
Quote by Terr
Hello,

So I have dillema, I need to choose between the Ibanez RG370DX and the Vintage VS6.
Don't worry about prices or anything. All in all, which would you consider as the better option? Sound/quality/durability/performance. Music styles vary from light rock to heavy metal.

trust me when I say the Ibanez would suit about any playing style and is very versatile. every Ibanez I have played felt sturdy and was well crafted. I play in a death metal band and our rhythm/lead player has an Ibanez rg370DX and he also plays in a country rock band with the same guitar. so Id choose the Ibanez.
I also have a J and D brothers LS500, well the truss rod nut broke today, soooo it's dead to me, and Cort VX 2V, simply a friend of mine offered to swap my Vintage VS6 for his Ibanez. And im considering it, I do like the VS6 so far it has been very trustworthy, is amazingly comfortable and durable, while the tuning might not hold for very long it gets the job done and the guitar has this full rich sound that i love. I could just scrape the LS500 and put the seymour duncan pickups from it into the vs6

the LS500:
http://www.musicstore.de/en_EN/NLG/Guitars/Electric-guitars/Jack-Danny-LS500-Seymour-Duncan-CS-Cherry-Sunburst/art-GIT0015700-000