I am fairly new to the guitar scene, and I bought a Marshall DSL401 tube amp a few months ago used. It's been having some weird issues this past week. After playing for about 10-15 minutes, it starts to have this weird crackling noise, and it's pretty loud. I suspect it's a problem with the tubes, but I'm really not sure. Any ideas? Appreciate the help in advance
What year was it made?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That's the crossover year. Some time in 2003 they upgraded the rectifier bridge because they were overheating. You may have one of the faulty ones. Have a look at the board under the bridge, if it's scorched then you will need to replace the rectifier bridge with a bigger one, preferably one with a heatsink.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It's not a particularly hard job. You may have to ream out the holes in the board a little for the bigger bridge but it's not hard to do.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's not a particularly hard job. You may have to ream out the holes in the board a little for the bigger bridge but it's not hard to do.

yup...it won't be as difficult as you think, just pay more attention and be careful, that's all you need...once you did that..next time you will be much familiar with it..