Hey there,

wondering if anyone could help me out with finding the right MIDI input device for an electric guitar?

I'm using a DAW called Studio One and was hoping to use my computer as an amp...

Basically looking for a MIDI device that lets me plug in my electric with good latency, hopefully has a pedal function to switch between FX if possible, and to record and transfer my guitar into MIDI for PC...

Does anyone know of a really good one that they would recommend?

Thank you in advance!
^ no, the axe does some funny shit with fx but it doesn't translate any sound into midi.

TS, if you don't wanna spend any money look for a plugin called MIDIguitar.
If you do wanna spend money, roland maxes a 6ch p/up + midi to usb (or maybe it was firewire?) interface which can do what you want.

What you wanna do is in any case really inconvenient, and you should reeeally program the virtual instruments yourself with a keyboard or by drawing them in an editor.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Are you sure MIDI is what you actually want? Not audio? MIDI? So for firing synthesizers and whatnot?
If so, the Roland GK/GR series is probably the best way to go.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Are you sure MIDI is what you actually want? Not audio? MIDI? So for firing synthesizers and whatnot?
If so, the Roland GK/GR series is probably the best way to go.

I want to be able to plug my guitar into my pc and use it as an amp, and have it recognized by my DAW so i can edit and what not

sorry, still trying to pick things up so which ever does what I said above?
You don't need midi then.
midi is a protocol to transmit info about what notes are played and how they are played between different devices and/or programs and/or different parts of the same program.
You would use midi to program a virtual synth part.

What you want is an audio interface.
Get an unbranded guitar link off of ebay/amazon, go into the recording section, read the amp sims sticky and then download some free stuff.
The good paid stuff is the softube amp rooms and bx_rockrax pro.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.