hey all.

I'm recording at home through my CI1 with my strat into guitar rig 5/cubase. I have a problem with eliminating the pluck sound of my pick against my strings in my recordings..It's realy noticeable to me...it just pops through every time I make a new stroke and not sure how to eliminate this...thanks.
Is it excess noise from a microphone or are you going direct? The first one is an easy fix, just move further away from the microphone that's on your amp. But you're not really going to be able to entirely get rid of the attack of the pick against the string.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
^ what he said.

Also a transient shaper/envelope shaper/however you wanna call it will help if everything else fails.

(bonus) also, try a thinner pick.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I don't think he's using a mic, since he listed an amp sim.

Try using a thinner pick like Spambot said, or try adjusting the amp settings in Guitar rig.
I guess I have to adjust settings and effects/inserts. Can't use a thinner pick I play pretty hard and a thin pick is un playable for most of what I do
Try playing less hard then.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
"How can I get rid of the sound of playing hard whilst still thrashing the shit out of my guitar" that's like asking how I can bash the crash cymbal with all my strength then make it sound like a clean bell tap. Either deal with the sound or learn to play well enough to control it, simple as that.
Playing hard constantly =/= Playing with feel

Playing hard constantly = Bad picking control

Quote by DisarmGoliath
man internet wisdom is so ******. This is a problem with my interface and plug ins. Live I sound fine, no issues. In fact I fixed the problem with a little extra compression. Screw this site.
so you have too much compression for good tone now...lol. try a rounder tipped pick of the same gauge maybe.
The compression which brings down the volume peaks, i.e. you hitting the strings too hard.

Quote by DisarmGoliath