I am reconstructing my electric guitar and have run into a few dilemmas; Also, I can use the help.

What brought this along - accidentally, I crushed the output jack of my Epiphone SG and shortly after received a guitar center gift card: So, I had it all repaired after some filing of the wood that had been broken. Originally the part that in place of my new output had "Vintage" polarized looking mesh washers fixed onto the output its' self. Like the one installed on my instrument are single "flat"round washer output jacks such as the standard les Paul replacement that customer service (Epiphone consumer) described and/or brought up in my phone call.

Personally, I would love to hang onto my instrument: I progressively get more attached to the dark red stain and am growing fond of the SG model and line of electric guitars. To improve the sound quality this is what I have in mind and look forward to doing.

Replace that output, having it repaired/ or to my satisfaction get an original piece installed (Yes, of the Epiphone brand) and change out the switch to a Gibson name switch (color ideas being requested here :-)). Mine is a Limited Edition, Custom Shop SG - the kind with the full pickguard and apparently of the which that contains this "Vintage" epiphone output.

Failure to access the information and have the piece identified by the company/Brand leaves me Boggled.

Doing this should improve my emitting sound quality without having to replace my pretty "cased" pickups, Please help me in the repairs of my sexy electric!
What exactly are you asking for? A washer?
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ya, more specifically "mesh(ing)" ones; three to be a bit more exact and they are not chrome - here is a description also, I'll type some more of the troubles I've been having with the part Identification.

Because the more common piece is a washer I will be describing this way. Picture a flat one a bit dulled with a dark color that meshes with counter parts and locks if twisted in a direction. When I separated the set I owned they released a static "electric" charge - it felt fuzzy. the flat end(s) would be split fanning out t provide the cluster with interlocking capabilities I am describing as "mesh".

But to be a bit more detailed I must state/add this, it's more like non existent than to be compared with the flat counter parts on a Les Paul output. Oh, and from the information of the electronics found within the compartment of an SG and Les Paul a les paul carries a similar? device known as a tap? located on the switch, while the SG model has these meshing washer like pieces fixed onto the jack providing a different tone between the 2 Epiphone or Gibson models.

The tap on a Les Paul if I am correct would change some frequencies while the Mesh "polarized" pieces I have described as fanned out washers alter the output/ perhaps the fuzz in the emitted sound.

Washers, yes - but in reality a WASHEEERRRR I dunno, here are part numbers.

Poj-110c is a Les Paul jack. (nut, Washer) these hardware parts attach the jack to the body right?

I was given this as a pot bag number? 105496475 (the call was ended when I asked for a description of the Labeled Items.)
Quote by Evecin
Ya, more specifically "mesh(ing)" ones; three to be a bit more exact and they are not chrome - here is a description also, I'll type some more of the troubles I've been having with the part Identification.

Because the more common piece is a washer I will be describing this way. Picture a flat one a bit dulled with a dark color that meshes with counter parts and locks if twisted in a direction. When I separated the set I owned they released a static "electric" charge - it felt fuzzy. the flat end(s) would be split fanning out t provide the cluster with interlocking capabilities I am describing as "mesh".

But to be a bit more detailed I must state/add this, it's more like non existent than to be compared with the flat counter parts on a Les Paul output. Oh, and from the information of the electronics found within the compartment of an SG and Les Paul a les paul carries a similar? device known as a tap? located on the switch, while the SG model has these meshing washer like pieces fixed onto the jack providing a different tone between the 2 Epiphone or Gibson models.

The tap on a Les Paul if I am correct would change some frequencies while the Mesh "polarized" pieces I have described as fanned out washers alter the output/ perhaps the fuzz in the emitted sound.

Washers, yes - but in reality a WASHEEERRRR I dunno, here are part numbers.

Poj-110c is a Les Paul jack. (nut, Washer) these hardware parts attach the jack to the body right?

I was given this as a pot bag number? 105496475 (the call was ended when I asked for a description of the Labeled Items.)

Is english your first language? I'm gonna be honest with you. Your answers are super long winded and are hard to pull out information from.

Like, what are you talking about when you're talking about a tap? In a guitar sense a coil tap is basically a pickup that has it's wire tapped at a lower wind so when you activate the feature, it will use the pickup at the lower point (producing an almost single coil like sound) Are you asking if an SG can have that?

Like what are you talking about when you say "mesh" polarized stuff? Can't you just find a picture of what you want? That would be a ton easier.

Are you talking about there: http://www.neutrik.com/en/audio/plugs-and-jacks/locking-1-4-chassis-jacks/

They were on LPs for a bit.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I tried Google and Bing image search(es) for a picture to go off and, Ebay in search of a output from a SG model hopefully still carrying my sought after piece. The tap I saw was from a diagram the image showed I on the switch of a Les Paul electric guitar model. I have greater influence to purchase a Gold Gibson name Switch than making such an alteration to my Make/Guitar Model.

Doing this would successful change the effects of all the electronics successfully, I could improve the knobs at a later date but currently I am not even switching Pickups or changing my PURTY ones to EMG or other Un-original high end/quality merchandise. Well, There were these 2 I saw of Gibson: Not to expensive or anything just held in the glass case by the music store register (Guitar Center)

Your link doesn't work!
I stated that this is leaving me boggled didn't I? Failure to acquire a Picture by means of Google, Ebay, Bing, Epiphone(website/page). HELP, please.
I'm very confused by your posts, but if I am reading your intent correctly, I think you misunderstand how this all works. I understood the part about breaking the output jack, I see this problem on used Epiphone SG's all the time. Washers and nuts do not affect signal. They're just a piece of hardware that hold other parts (like the output jack or the selector switch, or the potentiometers) in place on the guitar body. You can get locking washers at a hardware store, but they are not standard equipment on those guitars so the manufacturer would not be able to identify them.

As far as a tap, I concur, the thing that comes to mind is a coil tap. If your guitar is not already equipped with one, you will need to be sure the pickups are even wired to allow for one and then likely need to change out some other parts, such as the potientiometers, or install a separate switch. I would recommend that if you want to keep this guitar, you either contact a local technician who you can explain in person to or post a picture of the diagram you are referring to and a sketch of what exactly you are talking about.
Really? really, I do not want to disassemble some other piece for parts that I can assume carry some mere price tag of 5$ or 50 cent. I mean besides Epiphone consumer were should I be expecting to find the hardware/electronic? I keep on getting mad when a technician recommends me switch craft and/or a Les Paul jack.
definitely not the same to my understanding, very different.

Local Technician contacted, Other tech assistance contacted, Guitar center Inquired upon.
Well I will be taking in your advice, I will go to some hardware store searching for a guitar part.
Fire up the camera on your phone and figure out how to post the photographs with circles and arrows, etc. That might get everyone on the same page.
Here is sufficient imagery and description.

Please and thank you for the help.
Oh you want the plastic piece that goes around the toggle switch. where in the world are you and I will find you one.

Or do you want a regular output jack vs the square one on there now? If so just don't put the square piece on and you will be fine.

And just so you know there is no real thing as a custom shop Epiphone, it is a label to make you feel good
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Dec 3, 2014,
Doesn't Custom Shop refer to the more limited edition models? If so, then this one looks like the '66 G-400. If it's a recent one ( G-400 "Pro"), then it will likely have coil taps/splits.
You're not going to be able bring the jack to stock if that's what you're asking.

That's what your input is supposed to look like. What happened on your guitar is somebody stupidly routed out the hole for your input too large and tried to cover up the damage with the plastic cover.

Switchcraft jacks are fine.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
This is only an assumption: The composition of the mesh rings easily carry magnetic resonance amd/or apply effect from the components wired between switch and guitar port.

Stock I mean I'm having trouble acquiring a retailer for the pure gold switch, definitely not a knob (plastic or not) a bold squared gold switch the module itself being composed of pure gold along with the bold squared"knob"

My wiring is bad so there isn't any trouble replacing the whole of the compartment.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster