Hey guys, looking to buy a new guitar. At first I was going to buy an Ibanez but the only good ones are all through the roof expensive, so I am settling with an ESP which seems much better considering their price. So I have reduced my choices down to the two I think are the best after looking through a lot of the models, I have come down to the MH-350FR and the MH327.

Basically they are the same guitar as far as I can see, same price, same makeup. Just different colors, fret amount, and pickups I think. Anyway I really like them both, I think the MH327 looks much cooler but I also really like the MH350... It's a very tough choice, help me bros!

Also if you have a better recommendation please feel free to say so! much appreciated.
Last edited by codywademarsh at Dec 3, 2014,
Unless I am mistaken they should be pretty much the same quality guitars (of course there are variance from piece to piece, but in general) both being from LTD 300 serie, but the 327 has different pickups and most of all 27 frets. Do you really need to go that ear blisteringly high with the songs you play? If not then my vote is the standard LTD MH350.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
For that price just be patient and try to score a used MH-1000. The difference in quality will be quite noticeable stepping up from the 300 series. I ended up getting my EC-1000 for 550$ used at a Sam Ash.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by ltdguy27
For that price just be patient and try to score a used MH-1000. The difference in quality will be quite noticeable stepping up from the 300 series. I ended up getting my EC-1000 for 550$ used at a Sam Ash.

actually I already compared them on the esp website, the MH-1000FR has the exact same specs as the MH-350FR, and the MH-1000NT has the same specs as the MH327, except both the cheaper ones I am looking at even have wammy bars (for lack of proper term) while the 1000s do not. I want to consider all options, and the recommendation is much appreciated! Thanks.
Last edited by codywademarsh at Dec 3, 2014,
Just to point out the difference isn't so much in the specs as it is in build quality/ better woods. The sub 1000 series now are made in china/indonesia/etc. The 1000s are built in Korea. No one can tell you which one is better so get out there and try them out. I personally like the MH-1000NT better than the FR, but it's just a personal preference. I just checked the GC used section and they have 2 MH-1000FRs at 449.99. I'll post links once I get home and off my phone.
ESP E-II Horizon FR
Gibson Flying V HET SET
ESP Eclipse II FM JB/Jazz
ESP M-II Deluxe EMG 81/SA
Marshall JCM2000 DSL/ JCM800 1960a cab
Mesa Mark V 25
Quote by codywademarsh
(for lack of proper term)

Tremolo arm. Strictly speaking, vibrato arm, but the well documented shenanigans of Leo Fender have somewhat mixed the terms "tremolo" and "vibrato" up in guitarists' lexicon, so tremolo arm is more common.

For the record, if you particularly want a Floyd, the 1000FR with the Floyd Rose is quite possibly a better bet than the Floyd Rose Special of the 350FR - though that's not something I can vouch for from my own experience.
Quote by ltdguy27
Just to point out the difference isn't so much in the specs as it is in build quality/ better woods. The sub 1000 series now are made in china/indonesia/etc. The 1000s are built in Korea. No one can tell you which one is better so get out there and try them out. I personally like the MH-1000NT better than the FR, but it's just a personal preference. I just checked the GC used section and they have 2 MH-1000FRs at 449.99. I'll post links once I get home and off my phone.

Ahh I see. Yeah I think I will go with the MH-1000NT then, thank you very much for the recommendation.
I'd get the 350 just because I like to play Metal and prefer the pickups over the passive/single coil of the other one. Also I don't like that bright red color.

Also unless you have use for 29 frets it's probably not necessary and will feel weird.

But I agree with others that a used model of a higher quality might be better. They may have the same "specs" but the wood will be better quality (better pieces of wood selected) and the craftsmanship is better.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
What do you want out of the guitar?

You're talking about models with either Active or Passive pickups and either Floyd Rose or fixed bridges. . .

The 327 is even more different with the pickups and number of frets.

The 300 series has a licensed Floyd Rose and the 1000 series has an original Floyd Rose.

The 1000NT also has locking tuners and bridges as well as being flashier.

The used 1000 series is the way to go if its the same price or even less than a new 300 series.
Guitars:
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
ESP EC-1000 is notorious for fret buzz, or so I'm told.
Anybody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, since I've also been looking at the ESP. Shorter scale, slim u neck, extra jumbo frets and such. But I would miss the 5-way switch, I think.
Last edited by pointnplink at Dec 9, 2014,
Quote by ltdguy27

ltdguy27...I thought I had located my dream guitar in the EC-1000 series. However, there is much on the net saying they are notorious for fret buzz, and set up doesn't help much. Have you experienced any of this on yours?
Always go for a used MH/EC1000.
If you want the floyd or not thats up to you. But id grab a MH1000NT DBSB if i ever saw one.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Try to go with a Korean made LTD. The general consensus is that they have better quality control. Just remember to try before you buy.

Personally if I were going with an LTD MH I would get one with a Floyd. For some reason it never made sense to me to get a string thru body superstrat. I've also heard a lot of good things about the MH-1000.

Proof that a used one will be in your price range: http://www.guitarcenter.com/LTD-Used-LTD-MH-1000-DELUXE-BLACK-QUILT-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-110622664-i4021904.gc
Last edited by Explorer91 at Dec 9, 2014,