Okay, Craigslist is my absolute favorite thing about Nashville. Just saw this listed this morning as-is with no cables, essentially brand new. The rack ears are rusty from storage but the interface is barely used. Picked it up within 30 minutes of seeing the ad, plugged it in at my office and it's running perfectly. Boom.

I present to you, my new MOTU 828mk3 Firewire interface. Gonna use it for drums and fancy routing, while my Duet 2 shoulders the D/A for mixing, and A/D for critical signals like vocals.

Okay, now guess how much I paid. Now guess lower, because that was too high.

Ready to check your answer?
$50. Fifty. Dollars.

Yep. Between this guy and my $100 full-room treatment w/10 bass traps, I think I'm officially the Craigslist King. Oh, and the quick-flip deal that got me a Korg SV-1 for $450 cash.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Craigslist can be a wonderful thing. When I was in Nashville, I found so many awesome audio deals on CL. Now that I'm in DC, it's pretty rare, which kinda sucks.

Great find!
Nice! You're doing a similar thing to my setup then, if you switch the 828 with 2 daisychained Saffire Pro 40s (that is, using the larger interface for drums/higher track counts, and a Duet for monitor controller when mixing and for 1-2 input stuff).
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Sweet deal!

I used to get deal upon deal on Craigslist but I rarely log into it anymore. Full time job doesn't leave me with a lot of time to meet up with people and I rarely get excited over new gear anymore, since I've owned almost all of it before
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
50 bucks?
**** you man, and most of all **** the man who sold it for that money

Though, def good find, have fun with it and post clips!
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
^ I always figured the day would come where you tell me off, but I wasn't expecting it in a NGD thread hahaha

Quote by MatrixClaw
Sweet deal!

I used to get deal upon deal on Craigslist but I rarely log into it anymore. Full time job doesn't leave me with a lot of time to meet up with people and I rarely get excited over new gear anymore, since I've owned almost all of it before

Luckily my job is in music, and half the time people on craigslist are more than willing to come right to me because I'm in a historic building on music row and they want to see all of our shiny platinum records on the wall

My firewire cable arrives today, I made the mature decision to not purchase one for $30 at best buy the night I got the interface and instead wait for amazon to deliver me a $7 one haha

Luckily, the 828mk3 functions as a standalone mixer, so I was able to plug in a mic and watch the levels bounce. Unfortunately, the last time the guy used it he muted the monitors, and it retains the last settings so I couldn't get it to output sound. Still, flashing lights were good enough to ease my anxiety!

Update: works flawlessly, aggregated with my Duet without hesitating, and everyone is happy! Now I just need to keep an eye peeled for an equally awesome deal on a strip of preamps like a Focusrite OctoPre...in the meantime, I have four onboard preamps between the two interfaces and my one outboard pre, so I'm set for now!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Last edited by Sid McCall at Dec 5, 2014,
Quote by diabolical
Nice! Congrats! Can't say I'm not a little jealous

Thanks! I would be too

Don't be jealous of my wallet, though - now I'm itching to pick up tons of mics and preamps and outboard effects to patch through it, but I'm also planning a wedding, so I'm just going to sit here for the next year staring at the MOTU's strip of i/o and crying quietly to myself haha
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass