So recently, i tried out craiglist for the first time. I put a 200$ squier strat on there for 150. It didnt sell for a while, but eventually i got an offer: A 300 dollar epiphone in exchange for the strat. i accepted, and then that went on craiglist too. I managed to get a used prs, which i would value at about 500. That went on craiglist too. I kept doing this, and after throwing in 100 dollars here and there, I ended up with a used great Gibson les paul standard which I spent about 500 dollars and a lot of time to get
Nice! I did this sorta thing to end up with an Egnater Rebel 20 with cab for what was initially a $100 investment. I've used, initially, $120 to wheel and deal my way into a Telecaster that ended up being sold immediately to help clinch the score of a Mustang that I just absolutely had to have and still haven't put down.

I love trading on Craigslist. If there's a healthy market around you, it is very easy to climb the "craigslist guitar ladder" if you're somewhat savvy, patient and aren't specific. Once I get my Mash All+ module and spiffier delay, I'll probably throw in a few hundred bucks for something I haven't owned yet for the specific intent of climbing the "craigslist guitar ladder" just for pure sport and amusement.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
if you learn to solder and understand fretting you can get a lot of great deals. The money on craigslist is finding beat up guitars people are desperate to sell is my advice. I pretty much turned into a guitar tech over the course of 5 years on there. But it got boring and moved onto something else. It was to the point I was selling internationally and I made so forth but I needed a bigger challenge. I can give you some pointers though. It's great for a weekend hobby or something part time unless people invest a lot of money (whole sale = bigger profits) or know the right guys.

also.. double check and see if the gibsons legit. There were a ton of counterfeits on my craigslist. A fake gibsons about 300-400$ american. They hold no candle to gibson either. My friend worked for the best guitar shop in the city worked on 4 and this legit les paul custom sounded and played way better.

youtube will tell you how to spot a real or fake gibson by the way. Easiest ay is in the electronics of the guitar. poorly soldered electronics , they are smaller than real gibson ones and usually but not always nickel braided wires for the pickups. Hopefully your guitars legit though.
Last edited by Tallwood13 at Dec 4, 2014,
I've heard of some people on a yahoo article or something starting with a paper clip and trading all the way up until they got a freaking car...no shit. The market around me is pretty slow for some reason. The only deals I've ever had/made were a $300 Synyster Custom that I made profit on selling it and a $180 C7 Hellraiser. Made a huuuge profit on that one.

And then theres my Epi LP Custom with EMGs and a hsc that I've dropped down to $250 once and nobody wants it