hi guys

how are you doing ?

im bying my first electric guitar ( ive been an acoustic guitar player in a few years ago )

since im in a no where place , where they dont sell guitars ,

i was happy because i found a friend who telled me that he can bring me a :

EAGLETONE PACK SPARROW RW SUNBURST + AERO 30 V2

is this a good electric guitar ?

i mean i hear all guys talking about finder and gibson ,

i dont know much about electric guitars ,

but would you advice me to buy it ( bye the way the whole pack is with 300 bucks witch contains a EAGLETONE SPARROW MP + AERO 30 V2 + accesoires )

please answer quiqly guys
Last edited by sayed.alghilan at Dec 4, 2014,
low budget stuff from the look of it. did a little quick research as I've never even heard of these. appears to be a company (Chinese) that makes low end copy products.

I'm guessing you get what you pay for in this case. not a huge fan of starter packs as they tend to be crap quality wise. sure you get a bunch of stuff but that should be a clue. a Squier Affinity strat goes for $179 around here and you can get a better practice amp for around $125 (peavey vypyr or fender mustang) picks are cheap chords do run $15-25 for half way decent ones. straps go for a pretty wide price range but figure $25 for a good one. your better off getting separate items. yes it costs a little more but you can get better quality
Quote by monwobobbo
low budget stuff from the look of it. did a little quick research as I've never even heard of these. appears to be a company (Chinese) that makes low end copy products.

I'm guessing you get what you pay for in this case. not a huge fan of starter packs as they tend to be crap quality wise. sure you get a bunch of stuff but that should be a clue. a Squier Affinity strat goes for $179 around here and you can get a better practice amp for around $125 (peavey vypyr or fender mustang) picks are cheap chords do run $15-25 for half way decent ones. straps go for a pretty wide price range but figure $25 for a good one. your better off getting separate items. yes it costs a little more but you can get better quality

All of this.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
I wouldn't buy that starter kit, waste of money IMO. $300 to $500 could get some decent stuff online, don't look for new stuff on a budget.
All of that is shit and you shouldn't spend anything on it.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
You know a guitar is shit when it uses 'comes with D'addario strings' as a selling point.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
That would be a great starter guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I think eagletone is woodbrass's (kind of the french thomann i think) house brand

i haven't tried it

if you have 350 euros the squier classic vibes get a good rep (though I've never got round to trying them)

the yamaha pacifica 112v (or j for a bit less money) is normally a pretty safe choice too

vox mini 3 for the amp is hard to beat if you can get it for around 100 euros or less.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i've heard good things about the squier, but as Dave_Mc mentioned, pacificas are great starters also. i started with an older model of this and it lasted me for years:

http://www.thomann.de/fr/yamaha_pacifica_112_yns.htm

it's well built for the money, the pickup combination will give you lots of different sounds as you learn, plus you should have enough change for an amp and a a couple of bits like strap chord and tuner.

for example:

http://www.thomann.de/fr/fender_mustang_i_v2.htm
http://www.thomann.de/fr/warwick_rockstrap_rst_10001w.htm
http://www.thomann.de/fr/pro_snake_tpi_a_6.htm
http://www.thomann.de/fr/thomann_ctg10.htm

Total price about 350 euros and you're all set to go with much better gear than that starter pack
Last edited by jecooper86 at Dec 5, 2014,
If I had to start all over again at $0 and work up, I would go with a Yamaha Pacifica. Best value around in my opinion.
Agile Interceptor Pro 725 EB EMG
Gibson LP Future Tribute
G12T-75 4x12 Avatar
Krank Nineteen80-watt
Koch Loadbox
RMC4

Soundcloud
Look on ebay. I got a perfect condition Ibanez 470 quilted top. for £240 and a roland cube for £40. Picks are 10p and any old strap will do for starters. And if you already play acoustic you don't need a crappy tuner, use your ears.
Guys ..

I do have a final budget ..

Its 540 €

And the site that I can buy from is thomann

So what's your final advice ?

And Im sorry for all of this questions
to be honest i'd stick with what i advised above, if this is your first guitar i'd start basic and save the money for your next purchase. Maybe upgrade to a squier vintage modified if you really want to spend some more, but you really won't notice the difference as a beginner.

I'd put the spare 200 euros to one side ready to invest in a bigger amp once you want to start playing with friends, or a more specific guitar to suit your taste as it develops.

whatever you buy now, you'll want something new in two years, so just get what you need and crack on.
Last edited by jecooper86 at Dec 5, 2014,
Guys can you choose for me in thromann site a good collection of picks that I can solo with
And strings too .
Quote by sayed.alghilan
Guys can you choose for me in thromann site a good collection of picks that I can solo with
And strings too .

picks and strings are all a personal preference thing. buy a few different picks and string types and try them out to see what you like.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
find out what gauge strings come with the guitar you are getting and if possible what make they are. this is a good place to start. as for picks see if they have a pack of different gauges. Dunlop makes good picks so perhaps give them a try.
what type(s) of music do you want to play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Strings:

We all have favorite strings, with that preference developed over time. My best advice would be buy cheap strings and change them frequently. You can usually find "bulk" string buys -- ten sets of strings for $20 and the like -- and for a beginner it's almost always better to have fresh strings on your guitar than it is to buy an expensive set and try to keep them on there as long as possible. Make sure that you're buying the same gauge as the ones your guitar came with; that way you don't have to make a lot of adjustments when you change strings. The side benefit of this is that it helps you to become comfortable with changing strings.

Picks are also a variable commodity. I have a preference for thick picks with a very sharp point (Gravity Picks Razer in 2mm or 3mm), but if you're a beginner, there's no point in spending that kind of money. I'd suggest going to http://www.pickpunch.com and picking up a Pick Punch. These things will allow you to crank out a half-dozen picks from a lot of materials, including old credit cards (they'll also sell you standard pick materials so that you don't have to be embarrassed pulling out a credit card pick <G>. I leave bowls of these sitting around so that my pick-thief friends can steal those rather than my expensive ones.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e91b/?itm=customlabel0Electronics_%26_Gadgets_%7C_Music_Gear&rkgid=1453728069&cpg=ogplahe1&source=google_home_electronics&adpos=1o1&creative=50718228525&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAiAzIWkBRDO5LDEn8G1nAUSJADnHq_5PRjEwutpyqKqkEY3CFR_AY1qyL03G8vOIjvfHZBZMhoCH17w_wcB

If you're good, you can get half a dozen picks out of a single credit card.