I've got a zoom G1X i'm very satisfied with the many kinds of distortion it provides
i'm currently using ED (Low 1 MID -10 High -3 )
I REALLY like the distortion sound but sometimes when muting string or preventing them from ringing it produces thin feedback
is there anyway i can get a "smoother" distortion ?

Ps. my amp is really crappy but all the amp's eq is turned off gain is at 10 o'clock

Thanks in advance .
Not to piss in your cheerios but, what you need is a new amp. You can buy a spiffy od pedal and get a different sound, but odds are it won't be better due to the amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
"Low 1 MID -10 High -3"

Dude, add some mids! Scooped mids = harsh tone. A "smooth" tone usually has emphasized mids and treble turned down a bit. (At least that's what I think when somebody talks about smooth tone.)

If you have a presence control, you may want to turn it down a bit too.

Also, what do you mean with "amp's EQ is turned off"? If you mean every EQ knob is turned as low as possible, that's not what you should do. Have all of them at 12 o'clock. That's usually a pretty "neutral" setting. At least start with that.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Last edited by MaggaraMarine at Dec 4, 2014,
Quote by MaggaraMarine
"Low 1 MID -10 High -3"

Dude, add some mids! Scooped mids = harsh tone. A "smooth" tone usually has emphasized mids and treble turned down a bit. (At least that's what I think when somebody talks about smooth tone.)

If you have a presence control, you may want to turn it down a bit too.

Also, what do you mean with "amp's EQ is turned off"? If you mean every EQ knob is turned as low as possible, that's not what you should do. Have all of them at 12 o'clock. That's usually a pretty "neutral" setting. At least start with that.

Thanks man .. Will try what you said