Poll: is the dog dangerous and worth euthanizing?
Poll Options
View poll results: is the dog dangerous and worth euthanizing?
yes (i'm a piece of shit)
15 31%
no
33 69%
Voters: 48.
Page 1 of 8
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2014/12/03/pit-bull-bites-face-child/19837829/

"If I deemed it vicious or high risk and allow it to be removed, that's no guarantee it won't attack again. And I can't live with that. My job is to remove the risk to our citizens and their additional pets," Butler said. "I have viewed the dog from outside the pen and it is not friendly to me."

Butler said a police report about the incident and the dog's owners incorrectly identified the dog as a pit bull. He said a veterinarian at the Animal Rescue League of Iowa deemed the animal a mixed breed and not predominately pit bull.

According to a police report, the child went to give the dog a kiss on the nose Sunday morning when the dog snapped and left a full-mouth bite mark on her face, the report states. But it took time for the dog's owner to come clean about the source of the bite.

When an officer arrived at Mercy Medical Center's emergency room, the child's mother said she heard the child crying and couldn't tell the officer the breed of the dog. It wasn't clear whether the dog had been vaccinated for rabies so the officer told the mother that her child would need shots.

watch your ****ing kid and ****ing teach her not to go near dogs she doesn't know
i mean goddamn
¯\_()_/¯
yeah parents need to teach their kids not to get up in dog's faces. even if its a nice dog it probably won't like that and will react as such. the only dog i trust enough to get up in it's face is my own.
banned
dumb thread is dumb.
Quote by lolmnt
I love to have my vag pounded by guys who make lame threads on the internet!

Quote by snipelfritz
This thread topic is gold. I've been on this website for 8 years and I've never come up with anything like this. So yeah. Great job TS[457undead].
Kid was stupid but it should be a law that all dogs should be on a lead at all times in a public place. If not then put the owner down.

Adopt a cat instead anyway. Cats are cute and better than dogs.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
...If not then put the owner down.

Yeah, seriously...

The kid shouldn't have gone near the dog's face, and the parents are idiots for not keeping/teaching their kid to away from it

Also, wtf is with this:

"I have viewed the dog from outside the pen and it is not friendly to me."

Yeah, let's put a dog into a strange place and decide that it should be euthanized because it's probably stressed out from the whole ordeal...

Edit: accidentally scrolled up and clicked wrong quote...
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Last edited by IRISH_PUNK13 at Dec 4, 2014,
Quote by Dreadnought
Can we just put the kid down instead

This would be better, honestly. Or we could put down the parents for bad parenting. Either/or.
It's not even the kid that's in the wrong here. I mean she's 2. It's the parent's fault.
¯\_()_/¯
It's amazing how many parents let their kids go up to random dogs. Like how stupid can you get?

This is a look of pure evil. Put down the dog
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by the percentage of the comments
GOOD. All shitbulls should be put down, they are useless killing machines.

holy ****
¯\_()_/¯
That's a ****ing scary dog. I hope the kid's alright.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Euthanize the parent. Animal caregivers should receive mandatory state administered testing on whether they are capable of having a life in their home. Parents should have to go through a similar rigorous series of exams.
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by WCPhils
It's amazing how many parents let their kids go up to random dogs. Like how stupid can you get?

No man, it's totally the dog + its owner's fault for not training the dog to not react in the way they tend to react to strange people that suddenly approach it/go up by its face.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
It rests solely on the owner. Shitbulls are useless killing machines, that's near common knowledge. The fact that they aren't treating it as such is pure negligence.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by CaptainCanti
holy ****

I didn't even look at the comments cus I already knew that would be said by loads of idiots.

Some of the nicest dogs that I've met have been pit bulls. :/
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
No man, it's totally the dog + its owner's fault for not training the dog to not react in the way they tend to react to strange people that suddenly approach it/go up by its face.

how exactly is it the dog's fault
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
how exactly is it the dog's fault

sarcasm
Quote by L2112Lif
the tragic part is now that girl is gonna grow up with a ****ed up scar on her face
Quote by MinterMan22
the tragic part is now that girl is gonna grow up with a ****ed up scar on her face

From what I can see in the pic, it doesn't really look that bad. She'll have scarring, yeah, but it doesn't look like it'll be bad enough for her to have too many problems for it.
Quote by L2112Lif
I hate dogs so I am ok with this.

Feel bad for the kid. Hope the bite mark is not permanent.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Cianyx
It rests solely on the owner. Shitbulls are useless killing machines, that's near common knowledge. The fact that they aren't treating it as such is pure negligence.

Also you're pretty narrow minded, I have a goliath bird eater with more empathy than you.

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CaptainCanti
It's not even the kid that's in the wrong here. I mean she's 2. It's the parent's fault.

It's 100% the dog's fault. The city should not be filled with animals that can bite you if you come to close. Stop blaming the girl for the viciousness of that beast.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by whywefight
Dammit joffrey

Loled
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Shredwizard445
*Picard.jpg*

Also you're pretty narrow minded, I have a goliath bird eater with more empathy than you.

I think they might be referencing one of the comments. Someone above quoted one that had the "something something shitbulls something murder machines" nonsense that was apparently posted there.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Shredwizard445

Empathy is for the weak. The only thing the meek will inherit is my dick
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Dec 4, 2014,
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

From what I can see in the pic, it doesn't really look that bad. She'll have scarring, yeah, but it doesn't look like it'll be bad enough for her to have too many problems for it.

eh honestly i was just being a goon there, didnt click on the article or anything lol

but yeah you're right it's not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. i still feel bad for her more than anything though.
the kid was two years old, jesus christ no amount of teaching is gonna completely prevent her from going up to a strange dog because she's curious or whatever. I'm not blaming the dog either because I mean it's a wild animal so it's gonna feel threatened when anyone comes up to it's face. There's blame on both sides of this but mostly on the parents for not seeing their child approaching a strange dog and doing something about it.
Quote by Cianyx
Empathy is for the weak. The only thing the meek will inherit is my dick

You are weak, you know nothing about ridding yourself of empathy to create an end that justifies the means.

......worm

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
It's 100% the dog's fault. The city should not be filled with animals that can bite you if you come to close. Stop blaming the girl for the viciousness of that beast.

You're either trolling or one of the worst people in the world. Actually, you're probably just both.

Quote by chev311e
the kid was two years old, jesus christ no amount of teaching is gonna completely prevent her from going up to a strange dog because she's curious or whatever. I'm not blaming the dog either because I mean it's a wild animal so it's gonna feel threatened when anyone comes up to it's face. There's blame on both sides of this but mostly on the parents for not seeing their child approaching a strange dog and doing something about it.

It goes beyond that, though. Obviously it's not the kids fault. And yes, you can't completely teach them not to be curious. But you can at least be a decent parent and watch your damn kid so they don't get hurt.
¯\_()_/¯
Last edited by CaptainCanti at Dec 4, 2014,
Dear everyone in this whole thread,

Why the hell do you defend this dog...

Pit bulls are in this case the specific type of dog featured in the article. I do not know the proper name for that specific breed.

It's a two year old girl...she has never been taught to be scared of dogs or not to go up to them. Most kids tend to learn scaredness (best definition I could find in this short timespan) around an age of 2-4. Why would you teach a kid to be scared of dogs, while most dogs are pretty damn approachable and will not try to bite someone's face off when they come close.

Dogs are meant to be kept as pets. The whole part of it being a pet means that it is domesticated, a.k.a 'To train or adapt (an animal or plant) to live in a human environment and be of use to humans.' (Thefreedictionary.com) It means that the dog should have been accustomed to life with humans and yes, humans, certainly little kids search contact with animals, both mentally and physically. Why would we teach a little kid to be scared of a breed of dog that very much resembles a pit bull - the pit bull being a race that was pretty much bred to be a murdermachine...

'A 1991 study found that 94% of attacks on children by pit bulls were unprovoked, compared to 43% for other breeds.' - Wikipedia article on the type of dogs defined as pit bulls. That's awfully high.

I refuse to scare a little kid because a dog owner has refused to take his goddamn dog to puppy training and learn the animal to behave around humans and not to attack them. It's nonsense to want to euthanize the PARENTS. I can understand it being a form of a 'joke', but it makes no sense to punish parents for not scaring their kids of some of the loveliest animals on the planet - dogs. That pit bulls are jackasses does not reflect dogs. Golden Retrievers are cuddly as ****... If you tell a kid not go near dogs, it will not go near any dog. Regardless of race or the political opinion of the dog - it makes sense to scare them for pit bulls, because those shitfaces bark and attack anything that their puny eyes can see.

Should the dog be put down? Neh, send it back to puppy training for older dogs that behave like idiots and everything should be fine.

Sincerely,
Some random Dutchman who doesn't take kindly to people wanting to put people down because a goddamn pet has refused to behave in a domesticated way.
Last edited by aramdeara1 at Dec 4, 2014,
Quote by aramdeara1

Pit bulls are in this case the specific type of dog featured in the article. I do not know the proper name for that specific breed.

It's a two year old girl...she has never been taught to be scared of dogs or not to go up to them. Most kids tend to learn scaredness (best definition I could find in this short timespan) around an age of 2-4. Why would you teach a kid to be scared of dogs, while most dogs are pretty damn approachable and will not try to bite someone's face off when they come close.

Dogs are meant to be kept as pets. The whole part of it being a pet means that it is domesticated, a.k.a 'To train or adapt (an animal or plant) to live in a human environment and be of use to humans.' (Thefreedictionary.com) It means that the dog should have been accustomed to life with humans and yes, humans, certainly little kids search contact with animals, both mentally and physically. Why would we teach a little kid to be scared of a breed of dog that very much resembles a pit bull - the pit bull being a race that was pretty much bred to be a murdermachine...

'A 1991 study found that 94% of attacks on children by pit bulls were unprovoked, compared to 43% for other breeds.' - Wikipedia article on the type of dogs defined as pit bulls. That's awfully high.

I refuse to scare a little kid because a dog owner has refused to take his goddamn dog to puppy training and learn the animal to behave around humans and not to attack them. It's nonsense to want to euthanize the PARENTS. I can understand it being a form of a 'joke', but it makes no sense to punish parents for not scaring their kids of some of the loveliest animals on the planet - dogs. That pit bulls are jackasses does not reflect dogs. Golden Retrievers are cuddly as ****... If you tell a kid not go near dogs, it will not go near any dog. Regardless of race or the political opinion of the dog - it makes sense to scare them for pit bulls, because those shitfaces bark and attack anything that their puny eyes can see.

Should the dog be put down? Neh, send it back to puppy training for older dogs that behave like idiots and everything should be fine.

Sincerely,
Some random Dutchman who doesn't take kindly to people wanting to put people down because a goddamn pet has refused to behave in a domesticated way.

ooh sorry
- Frank Castle
Quote by aramdeara1

Sincerely,

No breed of dog is just inherently violent you closed minded ****wit.
¯\_()_/¯
Quote by CaptainCanti
You're either trolling or one of the worst people in the world. Actually, you're probably just both.

It goes beyond that, though. Obviously it's not the kids fault. And yes, you can't completely teach them not to be curious. But you can at least be a decent parent and watch your damn kid so they don't get hurt.

I am a bad person for not wanting animals in the city that bite children? Seriously?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by CaptainCanti
No breed of dog is just inherently violent you closed minded ****wit.

No offense, but eh, pit bulls are pretty much known for attacking humans. They seem to me to be one of the most violent species of dogs. Their breeding origin

A dog (Olde English Bulldog) that looked much like today's pit bull was originally used in the 1800's in the British Isles to 'bait' bulls.

In 1835 bull baiting was deemed inhumane and became illegal, and dog fighting became a popular replacement.

The best fighters were celebrated and held up as heroes for their courage and fortitude during battle.

Source: http://www.badrap.org/breed-history

Just saying, they were originally bred for baiting bulls and were afterwards used for dog fighting. How is that not 'bred to kill' The whole purpose of the breed is/was to fight. They are physically made for it.
Quote by Neo Evil11
I am a bad person for not wanting animals in the city that bite children? Seriously?

You're a piece of shit because you want a dog that was provoked intensely, snapped because of said provoking, and then deemed 'unfriendly' when put in a small cage in a place it didn't know and obviously felt uncomfortable, to be killed because "it's a dangerous threat to children with ****wit parents who don't know how to control their kids".
¯\_()_/¯
Its the childs fault, she should not have tried to make out with a random dog
- Frank Castle
Quote by aramdeara1
No offense, but eh, pit bulls are pretty much known for attacking humans. They seem to me to be one of the most violent species of dogs. Their breeding origin

A dog (Olde English Bulldog) that looked much like today's pit bull was originally used in the 1800's in the British Isles to 'bait' bulls.

In 1835 bull baiting was deemed inhumane and became illegal, and dog fighting became a popular replacement.

The best fighters were celebrated and held up as heroes for their courage and fortitude during battle.

Source: http://www.badrap.org/breed-history

Just saying, they were originally bred for baiting bulls and were afterwards used for dog fighting. How is that not 'bred to kill' The whole purpose of the breed is/was to fight. They are physically made for it.

That doesn't mean that any pitbull is just a killing machine. That just means they were bred for fighting. And that doesn't mean that their all going to be inherently violent.
¯\_()_/¯