Page 1 of 2
My aunt (who doesn't seem to have an internet filter) posted a video of a caesarean section process on facebook titled "Why We Should Respect Women."

Me, being the curious youngin' I am, decided to watch it.

And it wasn't that bad,
I only threw up 3 times.

Hearing the baby cry after the mess that was made was nice.

Is natural birth worse?
Last edited by Will Lane at Dec 5, 2014,
Coolstorybro
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
We should respect women because they largely choose not to give birth naturally electing to undergo invasive surgery that also decreases the overall health of their child at birth?
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
We should respect women because they largely choose not to give birth naturally electing to undergo invasive surgery that also decreases the overall health of their child at birth?

Does it? That doesn't sound nice. The child was facing head-first as well.
so she's saying that women who don't have kids aren't worthy of respect

so is someone who has like eight kids worth eight times as much respect?

1 birth=1 respect
only 93.74% of people will share this
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
i'll be honest

when i read "saw"

i was expecting a saw

birth the lumberjack way
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.

Most people only get a C-section if it's a requirement. Many times if a C-section is done, it's because it was the safest option possible for the baby and the mother. Also, the Rangers are gay.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
I've seen two C-sections in real life along with one vaginal birth. C-sections are much worse. Most people don't elect to give birth that way, there's almost no reason to if you can have a healthy vaginal birth.
Quote by BladeSlinger
so she's saying that women who don't have kids aren't worthy of respect

so is someone who has like eight kids worth eight times as much respect?

1 birth=1 respect
only 93.74% of people will share this

this is a good post
Wait, people get C-sections by choice? I thought it's just a go-to option for when the good ol' fashioned way is supposed to be dangerous for whatever reason.

Either way, unless your country is in a population crisis giving extra respect to women who give birth is pretty dumb in my opinion. I get that it's a very tough process that is very demanding of the woman in question but if we're gonna start applauding people for performing basic biological functions we might as well have a row of soldiers in every bathroom giving standing ovations to whoever is taking a dump in there, complete with playing the national anthem and the firing of canons of course.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at Dec 5, 2014,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Wait, people get C-sections by choice? I thought it's just a go-to option for when the good ol' fashioned way is supposed to be dangerous for whatever reason.

gotta keep it tight?
Quote by Thrashtastic15
gotta keep it tight?

just lube it up with some olive oil the day before, the kid will just pop out nbd

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak
just lube it up with some olive oil the day before, the kid will just pop out nbd

yeah but then he is greek and you have to change your name to gyrolopolous
he'll taste delicious tho. preheat the oven to 350, sprinkle some seasoning on that bitch and you're good to go

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by JamSessionFreak

Either way, unless your country is in a population crisis giving extra respect to women who give birth is pretty dumb in my opinion. I get that it's a very tough process that is very demanding of the woman in question but if we're gonna start applauding people for performing basic biological functions we might as well have a row of soldiers in every bathroom giving standing ovations to whoever is taking a dump in there, complete with playing the national anthem and the firing of canons of course.

I'm actually in the crapper right now. It's a difficult one, taking some pushing. Will keep you updated, so you know when to send in my parade.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'm actually in the crapper right now. It's a difficult one, taking some pushing. Will keep you updated, so you know when to send in my parade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1wLtAXDgqg

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
Quote by theogonia777
i'll be honest

when i read "saw"

i was expecting a saw

birth the lumberjack way

i mean like

just as in just do it all ready

and saw as a verb

so you are sawing a c section

just saw her open

you know

lumberjack birth
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Just watched a C-Section vid out of curiosity.

Greatest thing I've ever seen.

The Ride of the Valkyries played the entire way through, the surgeon was gung ho as f*ck, the incision ended up like a goddamn geyser when he broke open the amniotic sack, and when he effectively manhandled the spawn from it's prison, he basically pulls it out by the ankles and fobs it off to someone else with about as much kindness as passing along a bag of dogshit. Brilliant.

Largely choose?
Think you're wrong there mate.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I'd prefer a c-section to natural birth.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by OddOneOut
Largely choose?
Think you're wrong there mate.

In the US, I don't care about your country. 1/3 of American women have C-sections and the vast majority are not for medical reasons.
In the US, I don't care about your country. 1/3 of American women have C-sections and the vast majority are not for medical reasons.

Stats from?
That's still not a majority of women choosing a C-section. Besides, aren't a lot of US hospitals encouraging women to go for C-Sections?
Quote by Renka

I suppose women prefer c-sections over tears/cuts. I dare you to google those last two words in relation to birth.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
I suppose women prefer c-sections over tears/cuts. I dare you to google those last two words in relation to birth.

Have sisters and friends with children > nope nope nope nope nope nope
Quote by Renka

Quote by OddOneOut
Have sisters and friends with children > nope nope nope nope nope nope

Not sure what the nope nope nope is referring to?

Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by OddOneOut
Stats from?
That's still not a majority of women choosing a C-section. Besides, aren't a lot of US hospitals encouraging women to go for C-Sections?

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr62/nvsr62_09.pdf#table21

I didn't say it was the majority, 1 in 3 is huge. I don't think hospitals encourage women to have C-sections but part of the problem is that some OBGYN's are quick to turn a natural childbirth into a C-section to avoid legal ramifications if relatively simple and common complications turn into something more serious.
Quote by Will Lane
I only threw up 3 times.

Pussy
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Quote by Cianyx
Pussy

C-section.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr62/nvsr62_09.pdf#table21

I didn't say it was the majority, 1 in 3 is huge. I don't think hospitals encourage women to have C-sections but part of the problem is that some OBGYN's are quick to turn a natural childbirth into a C-section to avoid legal ramifications if relatively simple and common complications turn into something more serious.

A quick google for some articles turned up a lot of writers saying that doctors are also more likely to recommend a woman has a c-section for further pregnancies if they've had one before and that many women are also having labour induced which can lead to complications, thus needing a c-section.

Its interesting, because here in the UK planned C-sections are discouraged as much as possible and women aren't entitled to them by default. Women that request them have to talk with a healthcare profession that has experience in mental health before they can be offered one. That or they're too posh to push and can just pay privately to have it done.

A girl I know is in labour atm, and was going to have a c-section so that they could remove a large cyst at the same time and thus reduce her recovery time. A few weeks ago the consultants changed their mind and started pushing (pardon the pun) for a natural birth. She was pretty annoyed at that because the cyst is very painful and will start becoming a problem again once the baby has born (due to hormonal changes). If she does get a complication in the next few hours then they'll do the C-section and remove the cyst too, but otherwise she's stuck with natural birth.
Quote by Renka

invasive surgery that also decreases the overall health of their child at birth?

How in the **** would the extraction of the already formed child affect it's health? Are you spewing bullshit or is there actual science behind this because it sounds ridiculous.
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Quote by Thrashtastic15
yeah but then he is greek and you have to change your name to gyrolopolous

just go with "stamkos" instead and bawango ya got yerself a winner >:^)
I was a C section baby.

It does increase the risk of the mother's death during childbirth (mainly due to complications with anesthesia) and the child (wet lung and increased risk of death during infancy) but the overall risk is less than 1% higher than in normal childbirth. I don't know if that's statistically significant.

Anyway i'm alive hi.
cat
If it preserves the life of the baby and the mother, sounds pretty good to me

FYI, it is pretty common for a woman's vagina to rip all the way down to her butthole during childbirth
My God, it's full of stars!
Just posting that for all the men who say stupid shit like "getting kicked in the balls is more painful than childbirth based on this shitty infographic!"

My God, it's full of stars!
Page 1 of 2