I recently purchased a BC Rich mockingbird Special for $400. (Did i overpay?) I was wondering what makes this variation of the mockingbird different from the Special X or Pro X, which one is the best? I tried finding this model of bird on the internet but have not had any luck.
May I ask you of pictures? Please provide me with a photograph of your electronics compartment to.
Quote by Evecin
May I ask you of pictures? Please provide me with a photograph of your electronics compartment to.

What? Why? What would that accomplish?
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
value is in the beholder or however the saying goes. I mean as long as it's not made in China with a basic glossy finish a wraparound bridge, no name tuners and a basswood or agathis body you did pretty good.

I'd honestly google the guitar and see if you could find a value for it.
depends on what model it actually is. is it one of the neck through models? the models you mentioned are Korean made and are fairly high quality (for intermediate range). without knowing exactly what you have it's hard to tell you more.
Quote by Tallwood13
value is in the beholder or however the saying goes. I mean as long as it's not made in China with a basic glossy finish a wraparound bridge, no name tuners and a basswood or agathis body you did pretty good.

I'd honestly google the guitar and see if you could find a value for it.

there are many very high end guitars that are made of basswood so that really isn't much of a tell. BC Rich tends to use mahogany or Nato (eastern variation on mahogany) except on it's cheapest guitars. as mentioned the neck through models are the better ones to have for BC Rich
Quote by jtizzledog
I recently purchased a BC Rich mockingbird Special for $400. (Did i overpay?) I was wondering what makes this variation of the mockingbird different from the Special X or Pro X, which one is the best? I tried finding this model of bird on the internet but have not had any luck.

The Special and Special X are discontinued I believe... at least I haven't found anyone that sells them any longer.

It looks to me that the only difference is that the X has a AAA quilted maple top. The Pro, other than being cosmetically different, has the BDSM pickups that are a bit higher quality than the Rockfield ones on the Specials. Some Pros come in a 3 pickup layout or instead have a Floyd.

I would say that the Special X probably went for around $549 or $599 new. So I would say you spent about the right amount as long as the guitar was in great condition.