Hello everyone.

I am new to this community and forum, so I hope I am writing at the right place.

Here's my problem : My guitar (which I bought 3 years ago I believe) doesn't ring the 15th fret and further on the 1st/smallest string (both notes & bends). Instead is a very weird sound and it didn't use to do that. (

It is a Taylor DN3 made in California, USA, and I believe I took quite good care of it.
I also use medium strings on it (.013 --> .056 inches // .33 --> 1.42 mm) .

I believe it is somehow due to the neck that bends, and I always wondered how was I going to do since there is no "hole" inside the guitar whereby I could unbend it.

Thanks for reading my - way too long - post, and for the help!
The neck bolts may be loose. I had a similar thing happen to my Bourgeois, and snugging up the six bolts fixed it.

Or the fretboard extension may have moved a bit, causing fret rattle above the 15th fret. This should a very easy fix on a Taylor for any tech that knows about them.
Quote by mehdi.mestari
...[ ]....I believe it is somehow due to the neck that bends, and I always wondered how was I going to do since there is no "hole" inside the guitar whereby I could unbend it....[ ].....
Your syntax and definitions are somewhat enigmatic to say the least.

If by, "neck that bends" you mean, "the truss rod adjustment", that is located under the bell shaped cover on the headstock.

Since the guitar has a bolt on type neck, it's quite impractical to have the truss rod adjuster situated under the sound hole. Consequently, the adjuster is positioned at the headstock, just like your basic solid body electric.

BUT, adjusting said truss rod will have NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER, on any problem you're encountering at the 15th fret. The truss rod maximum, "bending", happens around the 7th fret.

I would suggest you read this tutorial about setting up an acoustic:
http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/guitars_and_setup/setup_page_01.html

I would also ask if you could "sit in", while a guitar technician makes, (and explains), any repairs needed. It would do you a world of good.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Dec 6, 2014,