I've been looking at a number of the LTD Bass models that are on the lower end of the spectrum (and granted fit more in my budget) I noticed that a number of the models (See F104, 105, 155, Almost all the B-Models) have an odd cut right under the neck join an inch or so below the fret board that is usually a rectangle cut.

I'm guessing that this is part of the neck join and I know that a $200 guitar isn't going to be the world's greatest guitar, but I realize the limitations of my budget (and am looking heavily used). My question is will this cause any quality issues with that odd looking cut out or is it just a normal bolt on neck join cut in a way that we can see it, where it is usually hidden?
It's normal for all ESP/LTD bolt-on basses and it won't affect quality.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
It's just where the neck itself is longer than the fretboard, I had an Ibanez SR that was like that as well. Pretty much it allows the neck bolts to be deeper into the body I'm guessing for improved stability.