I recently bought my second pedal (I am hoping for more once I have money) but I now have a EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker and a Digitech Whammy Octaver v4, I have a patch cable and everything else that I think I need, but basically which order should these two be in?
Try em both ways and choose whichever you think sounds better.

Pedals react with each other differently depending on what they're fed and what they're feeding. There are no hard rules, as every chain will be a little different.

That said, the Octaver might work better if it sees your signal before the Muff.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Try em both ways and choose whichever you think sounds better.

Pedals react with each other differently depending on what they're fed and what they're feeding. There are no hard rules, as every chain will be a little different.

That said, the Octaver might work better if it sees your signal before the Muff.

+3,1415

There's no such thing as a "correct" effects pedals order. The octaver will probably track better a clean signal (placed first in the chain), but making it glitch a bit by putting it after the fuzz can also sound weirdly cool.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
At least with two pedals you only have 2 possible combinations to try.

I have a whammy 5 and a big muff tone/wicker and I preferred the whammy before the muff.
Try both ways and see what sounds best to you.
Pitch shifting pedals work better if they are in the beginning of the pedal chain. That helps them with tracking. But yeah, it gives you a bit different sound. So try both ways.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
OK thanks everyone, i was just wondering if anything bad might happen if i did something wrong, also, on a side note, i'm currently using the Big Muff on a battery but if i wanted to use a 9v adapter what can I use, lots of warning came up about polarities and daisy chains or something?
hello my fellow guitar-freaks . i've got a question - or more like , i'm looking for suggestions .

i got my pedal chain set up and i'm very satisfied, but before i start experimenting , i'd like to hear your suggestions.

my current set up is as follows : [all are boss pedals] * i don't have 2 ns-2s - that's just the noisegate loop

guit > tu-3 > ns-2* - (cs-3 > ds-2 > ml-2 > mt-2/mod) - ns-2* > pw-10 > ps-6 > dd-7 > amp .

thank u and sorry my bad english.
Last edited by grindcrasher at Dec 10, 2014,