Lately, I've had the itch to acquire a semi-hollow guitar. There are currently two available in my area (Craigslist), one is an Epiphone 339 Pro, and the other is a Peavey JF-1EX. They are the same price, they both have a push/pull knobs for coil-splitting, they're both in great shape--they're very similar. In the past, I have played some Peaveys that were really great guitars, and I have played some Epiphones that were, well, not so great. Do any of you have experience with either of these guitars? Thoughts?
What is your budget?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well, I have an Epiphone Dot which is very similar to the 339 (the Dot is modeled after the 335). Honestly, I don't like the way it plays all that much, especially higher up on the neck (I set it up myself, which might be the problem, however). The plastic nut is a serious tuning issue, as well. If it stays in my room where the temperature is constant, I don't have too many issues. But as soon as I take it to a gig where it's subjected to all kinds of temperature changes, the tuning has a mind of its own. (Been meaning to replace the nut, just haven't gotten to it) As far as sound, I think it's alright. It sounds like a semi-hollowbody. The pickups are a little muddy, even if I try to compensate with EQ changes. I mainly use this guitar for slide because the action is slightly high and I run it through a cranked Fender Blues Jr.

TL;DR: I got mine used in good shape for $250. If you can get one for a good price used, go for it. They're fun to have around.
Thanks for the opinions, guys. I don't really have a budget, per se, but both sellers are asking $250. As you probably know, asking prices are usually pretty flexible on Craigslist. I was just curious whether or not anyone had any experiences or opinions on either of them.
I have a 339 but it's not the epi version. Love it. Sounds great and the body is closer to thesize of a les paul than a dot or 335 which makes it more comfortable, in my opinion. The epiphone version, I believe has coil taps so theoretically you should be able to wring more tones out of it. I don't have any personal experience with the JF1.
I can't comment on the Peavey but the Epi 339 is a beatiful guitar to look at with a great sound.