I'm looking to add a delay pedal to my rig for a few things. I'd like to use it to create some ambient bits, but also to write a few riffs like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_E5ae9ZTwk

I don't plan on using it all the time, just when I feel it suits the track. And I'd like to be able to put it in my guitar chain when I switch over to the 6 string at times. The two I've been looking at are a DD-20 and a MXR Carbon Copy. Just thought I'd get some opinions on what others have used and worked well. Thanks!
TC Flashback X4, best non-boutique delay on the market. I've got one for the VI and all things shoegazey, but the amount of controls on it would imply that it can do anything well. The inbuilt looper is useful too, and the toneprints make life pretty easy.

Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
I have had very good results with a Boss GigaDelay for years now. Works fine for both bass and guitar; very versatile. It does take up a lot of room on your pedalboard, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
If price isn't an issue the Empress Vintage Modified Superdelay is a nice unit.

Although if you want something that's a bit cheaper TC Electronic ND-1 Nova Delay is great.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I had the same quandary a few weeks ago. I wound up with a boss RV3 which can produce both reverb and delay.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat