Page 1 of 2
so playing guitar isnt going to bring home tons of money, so what else do you do to make money. Im going to college for guitar performance and as much as I love it the only way i see myself making decent money off guitar is by being a studio musician. Anyone work in the music business, what did you study?
Last edited by brenton.white.5 at Dec 13, 2014,
I live off my parents
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Being a musician is being your own business. That is everything you need to know and internalize.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
University for electrical engineering, 3.5/4ths of the way to the finish line.

Where do I work? Nowhere. Worked for company that designs (primarily) gas plants for three summers. Now I don't know if I'll even get a job at all cause King Abdul Al-Saud gets to determine my fate because my provinces government is filled with morons that have decided all of the oil royalties should go to absolutely fucking nothing and not to more sustainable industries including non-o&g related technology.
Last edited by CaptainRon at Dec 7, 2014,
i've made a few collages of weredoos but i'm not entirely satisfied with any of them
i don't know why i feel so dry
I graduate with my master's degree in electrical engineering after spring semester. I can't wait to finish, it's been great but six straight years is starting to take a toll.

As for work, I just accepted a job offer in South Florida working for an energy company where I interned the last few summers. Good pay, great benefits and insurance, and it's close to my family.
Last edited by iro-bot31 at Dec 7, 2014,
I went to college for computer science and dropped out and now I am a slot machine technician who wants to be a meteorologist someday.

Don't got for music.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by Baby Joel
I live off my parents

grade A loser right there
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by Baby Joel
grade A loser right there

couldn't agree more
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I originally went to school studying forensic science. I flunked out in two years time because laziness and was dropped from financial aid. I decided to join the Army Reserves as a cook with intention of using their benefits to go to a culinary school (I had worked in *******s most of my life). My recruiter informed me that was a horrible job choice and offered me the military's nursing school. I took it mostly on a whim, and now I work as an LPN in corrections and am going back to school to get my bachelors. Funny little paths life takes you through.

EDIT: Why is ******* censored?

EDIT 2: Well that was stupid. K I T C H E N
Last edited by TwinkyFist at Dec 7, 2014,
Carpentry and joinery, love my job, it's good to have a trade if you want to travel, makes finding work easier.
Also the word kitchen isn't censored for you if you're in the trade.
Last edited by UltimateGuizar at Dec 7, 2014,
Quote by UltimateGuizar
Also the word kitchen isn't censored for you if you're in the trade.

It all makes sense now.
I work in a kitchen in a restaurant

And I teach guitar
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Went for psychology and dropped out. Now im about to be a meat cutter and then i intend on going to a trade school after for something.
Quote by Nelsean
Lil B, the young based god, has the ability to create music so profound, that others around him cannot even comprehend his magnificent verbal progressive nature.

Quote by The_Blode
^ oh hey y'all females...welcome !
i'm going to school for audio production and im a pizza delivery boy so applicable yyea i'm goin somewhere LOL
I did a Masters degree in Chemistry at a top 20 university in the UK.

Sadly I don't have a job yet. I'm working on that though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
What I did with my collages and were I work is none of your busness.
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I went to music college and live in the country, I haven't been releasing music enough to make a living off it because the computer I used to produce is busted, also my blood pressure's to high for my meds so I don't feel as motivated.
Photography at the moment.

Gounna have to work my ass off but that's fine
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I am still in college, studying engineering. Right now I work a shit retail job. Still living at home.
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
just finished bachelors degree in biology, currently working at a bank

will move on to greater things
cat
Did not finish college, currently working two jobs as a slave.

Will go back to college in 2016 and then will have an ever bigger boy job on top of the one I'll have at that time
I am in my first year of uni, on paper I study Media but i'm actually learning a lot about Media, Film, Journalism, Political Computer Science and Ethics.

And as for where it could take me, I have no idea. Will probably end up being a freelance bum.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Went to college to do my Diploma in Graphic Design, preferred drinking at the time, so dropped out. Out of the woods now and worked as a radio tech then presenter, plus some community work for disadvantaged folks in my city. Currently design album artwork and gig posters. On the side, I fix up busted old guitars and re-do electronics on guitars for folks in my area.

Life has its ways of sorting things out.
I've completed my BA and BEd, and now am just finishing up with a grad program in Autism and Behavioural Science. Lots of jobs in my field, at least here in Canada, working as an Instructor Therapist with kids diagnosed with Autism. Its an added bonus that the job is a lot of fun!
Went to uni for psych, realized how pointless psych is, switched to bio, dropped out for personal reasons, and now I'm likely a lifer at a supermarket. Can't say life turned out the way I wanted it to, but that was going to be a given anyway.
Music Industry and in a Top-Four publishing company on historic Music Row in Nashville

(Less glamorous than it sounds but still pretty freakin sweet)
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I'm graduating with a BFA in sound design/art this spring. But it's not for me, so I'm using the electives I have left to complete the needed prerequisites for getting into business school.

Then I'm gonna try to get a job at a bank and climb the corporate ladder while simultaneously completing a business degree, either a B.Comm or an MBA.
Went for music. Work for the government. Obvious connection, really.
Check out my band Disturbed
Did a double humanities BA in 3 years, went to grad school, dropped out after a year, now I'm perennially unemployed, although I pretty much have a guaranteed temp job every summer. The difficulty is finding work when it isn't June - August. Now I'm taking a Udacity course on web development, el oh el.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by brenton.white.5
so playing guitar isnt going to bring home tons of money, so what else do you do to make money. Im going to college for guitar performance and as much as I love it the only way i see myself making decent money off guitar is by being a studio musician. Anyone work in the music business, what did you study?

oh and for what it's worth, my coworker studied guitar performance and composition and he's currently the receptionist/assistant to the exec VP (head of our branch) and is an aspiring country songwriter by night. He makes extra pocket money by producing demos for other writers since he's a skilled audio engineer.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Page 1 of 2