Quick question. In my rig I have a second stack (Bugera 6262-212 INFINIUM combo and Bugera 412HBK cab) that I only use to enhance the main stack occasionally using ABY pedal. Kicks the rhythm up or kicks the lead in and cuts through with different eq from my main stack. I sometimes use it as my main stack for heavier tones by itself using the lead channel which is cool. I would like to open my options a bit and also have an ME80 running on the clean channel, to give me a another set of funky sounds. It's great to have 2 cool rock tones going at the same time and it would be cooler to have 2 different clean sounds at the same time. I play rock and metal mostly but also play 80's and 90's pop. REM, Stereophonics, pet shop boys, abba etc and even some stones stuff. ( Yes, all at the same time, my band is a bit eclectic lol.). My problem is after tweaking and farting around I can't get a clean sound from the Bugera's clean channel to allow me to use the ME80 preamps and effects. I know it's a metal amp and I know I should buy something else but I don't want to. I've got a 45w fender I could run through the 4x12 clean but I don't like fender amp tones. Surely someone knows how to get a clean sound out of this thing before I donate it to Oxfam.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Mark
Quote by crackerjack123
My problem is after tweaking and farting around I can't get a clean sound from the Bugera's clean channel to allow me to use the ME80 preamps and effects.
Either turn the preamp gain down on the amp or run the boss through the fx loop return.
Quote by crackerjack123
Surely someone knows how to get a clean sound out of this thing before I donate it to Oxfam.

Though after all it might even help poor boys in alaska who don't have any fire to warm themselves with...
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Dec 7, 2014,
Preamp gain is either off or kicks into slight overdrive. If pre is turned completely down there is silence, complete and utter silence.( My Mrs loves that setting).Cleanest I get it is with drive around 4 and MV about 2. Which seems like the opposite of what it should do. The MV seems to be driving the tubes to distortion even at seriously low volume. Cleanest I can get it as an example is Keith Richards OD sound. Not that clean. I'm kinda after a nice crystal Alex Lifeson type sound I can manipulate but I'm not spending thousands on a few HK heads. lol. And it's not the guitar, I've tried strat, esp horizon, PRS tremonti and a Variax 89. I'll give the FX loop thing a go. Thanks. I don't mind using delays and Volume in FX loop but OD's etc get a bit funky. I'll give it a go and let you know.

Thanks

Mark
Last edited by crackerjack123 at Dec 7, 2014,
Quote by crackerjack123
I know it's a metal amp and I know I should buy something else but I don't want to.

I think I've found the problem.

This is yet another reason why I've moved to modelers running through full-range speaker systems. Most current modelers will let you run two signal chains at the same time (wet and dry amp, etc.) and blend them to your heart's content, or switch to another bank and run all dirt, etc. Lighter, louder, cleaner gear.

I have a girlfriend who told me she switched hobbies, from bowling...to sex.

"The balls are lighter and I don't have to change my shoes."
Quote by dspellman
I have a girlfriend who told me she switched hobbies, from bowling...to sex.

"The balls are lighter and I don't have to change my shoes."
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Replace it all with a Randall RM100 with your choice of preamp modules.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
This thing has like 6 12AX7 in it and 4 something else that really need to be EL34's me thinks, what tubes would you suggest to replace the AX7's? I'm an old fart who actually prefers hybrid amps and modellers and this is the first all tube thing I've had since my JCM800. That was obviously EL34's and the clean sounds were great. And the reason I like modellers and hybrids is when I turn the mains on I get the same sound as yesterday, everyday, so I can spend my time playing and not dicking around with amps.

JUST NEED A CLEAN SOUND...... Going bonkers!!!!
^^Your amp is a clone of a 6505+ right? (I think I'm right).

Put JJ 5751s (or NOS JAN 5751 tubes if you can afford them -- JJs are only about $12 U.S. apiece and sound great) in both V1 and your phase inverter position. These will reduce the preamp's overall gain and give you more clean headroom. I think they make the cleans sound a little warmer too. However, this is what I've found on my 6505+, which may have different results.

You can take it a step further by running even lower-gain tubes in those positions, such as 12AT7s. However, for my taste, those cut in to your gain a bit too much -- and I didn't like the lead channel distortion as much. It neutered it a bit too much. Everything sounds better with the 5751s though.

However, I'm still wondering if your crunch switch is on. Even with all AX7s in the preamp, I've always been able to get non-clipping cleans out of my 6505+. They're just cold/sterilish cleans without the tube upgrades. The fact that you're getting so much overdrive suggests that something's wrong with your amp or you're hitting the preamp with too much signal. Try backing off your guitar's volume knob a bit -- and compensate for volume by turning up the amp's post gain on the clean channel.
Atmospheric dark metal w/ black and death metal influences:
(My Soundcloud page):

Pestilential Flood
Last edited by KailM at Dec 11, 2014,
^all of this. You can also try the neck pickup and toss in some reverb/chorus and delay. It worked for my 5150.

Check your power tube bias as well. At least on the 5150/6505 heads its a little cold from the factory. The combos are hotter and are supposed to sound warmer though I've never A/B tested it.
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
ok cheers guys. Definitely not the crunch setting. I never use it. Crunch is for toast and apples.
Cured the problem. Swapped it for a bugera 333 212. dedicated clean channel. Crunch is on the lead side. Crystal clear and headroom to spare.

Thanks for all help guys.