I support
41 50%
I don't support
29 35%
Not really sure
12 15%
Voters: 82.
Page 1 of 5
Searched and didn't find this particular page. If this topic has been done (and that wouldn't surprise me here) let me know and I'll delete the thread.

So take a look:

http://gettingracistsfired.com/tagged/gotten

I guess people will take very undeniably racist posts people make off Facebook or Twitter and let the company they work for know in hopes to get them fired. The one I linked has successful "missions."

Anyways, what do you think of this? Do you think racists deserve no sympathy from this? Maybe this is going too far to punish them?
Does not sit right with me. Something about free speech and invasion of privacy...

but then again I do like seeing dumbasses get their asses handed to them for being dumbasses.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Dec 7, 2014,
i think they should get promoted
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It certainly makes sense from a financial standpoint. If you believe that having a hated figure in your business won't be as lucrative, then all right.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Does not sit right with me. Something about free speech...

Every citizen may, speak, write, and print with freedom, but shall be responsible for such abuses of this freedom as shall be defined by law.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
If a business wants to fire an employee for being racist it's their prerogative.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
As long as it's not violent or targeting any particular person then no.

If it's non-violent, and wasn't in the office or during hours, maybe just let them off with a warning.
Last edited by stratkat at Dec 7, 2014,
they should put 'racist' on their CV and save a lot of hassle
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I'm not bothered by it and maybe it'll prompt them to change their ways. :samshrug:
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Imagine being stupid enough to spout a stream of racist nonsense under your real name with your contact info freely available. Imagine...

S A D B O Y S
As much as I hate dogs, i'm not a fan of dog shaming. As much as I hate racists, i'm not a fan of racist shaming.
Quote by bradulator
As much as I hate dogs, i'm not a fan of dog shaming. As much as I hate racists, i'm not a fan of racist shaming.

Why not?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
They'll continue being mad racists but just not be an idiot and post all about it
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Quote by I.O.T.M
If a business wants to fire an employee for being racist it's their prerogative.

What if they were fired for being a muslim or a christian? Still ok?
Check out my band Disturbed
i dont think i like this. people can post whatever they like so long as they are not on company time, not representing the company, and not doing anything illegal (death threats, etc).

like if Joe Schmo posts on the weekend on his personal account how much he hates the turbanites that stole his spot in line at a game or concert or something and then gets fired on monday because these assholes narc'd on him, **** them and **** that company.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
These people aren't hurting anyone with their opinions. They're just that: Opinions. I don't think hating a certain group of people makes you any better or worse at your job. These people have a right to think whatever they want to. It's not like they're losing the company money in any way for their beliefs.

That being said, their beliefs are stupid and intolerant, but they should be allowed to feel that way as long as they aren't using that hatred to make the workplace any worse (trying to recruit racists or being mean to minorities or whatever).
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I am pro letting racists being overt about their racism so we can know about it. If they're "shamed" and lose their jobs, they'll be closet racists, and closet racists are harder to detect. If we're gonna have racists in this world, I want them to be open about it so we can know.
Quote by StewieSwan
What if they were fired for being a muslim or a christian? Still ok?

Private businesses should be free to hire, fire and serve whoever they please.

I wouldn't personally do business with any such enterprise that refused to hire Muslims or Christians though.

S A D B O Y S
Quote by I.O.T.M
Private businesses should be free to hire, fire and serve whoever they please.

I wouldn't personally do business with any such enterprise that refused to hire Muslims or Christians though.

Well alright then. All I wanted was some consistency, so fair enough.
Quote by bradulator
I am pro letting racists being overt about their racism so we can know about it. If they're "shamed" and lose their jobs, they'll be closet racists, and closet racists are harder to detect. If we're gonna have racists in this world, I want them to be open about it so we can know.

Why are you gonna punch them or smthn.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Why are you gonna punch them or smthn.

I'm gonna recruit them for the new world order
Quote by Xiaoxi
Does not sit right with me. Something about free speech and invasion of privacy...

If this is in the US, then /thread

I don't like racists either, but invading their social media sites just seems inappropriate.
1. I don't think what you put on social media is of any concern to your employer
2. I'm not saying people should be racist, but freedom of speech means you can be racist if you want
3. If you're spending time finding racists posts in order to get someone fired, you probably need a new hobby

But I just hate SJW's, so...
I have nothing important to say
Quote by megano28
If this is in the US, then /thread

I don't like racists either, but invading their social media sites just seems inappropriate.

It's not invasion of privacy if you post it on a public site that hundreds of other people can see, you would have a point if someone recorded them saying it in a conversation that they thought was private though
invasion of privacy lol. this is social media. no one hacked them or set up a wiretap for goodness sake.

and yeah freedom of speech but they're breaking hate speech laws or something
Quote by Xiaoxi

but then again I do like seeing dumbasses get their asses handed to them for being dumbasses.

my thought as well
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by darkcheef
It's not invasion of privacy if you post it on a public site that hundreds of other people can see, you would have a point if someone recorded them saying it in a conversation that they thought was private though

if their accounts are private then sure it is
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Racism sucks but I don't think naming and shaming people who are getting fired because of their activities is the right way to get. First it's this, then next it'll be vigilitanism and it could actually increase racism and resentment towards a race by these racists.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Godsmack_IV
invasion of privacy lol. this is social media. no one hacked them or set up a wiretap for goodness sake.

Hate speech in the US is protected free speech
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Hate speech in the US is protected free speech

Isn't it only protected from government prosecution?

S A D B O Y S
It's technically not an invasion of privacy and all that freedom of speech means is that you won't go to jail for saying the wrong things (maybe&hellip. I think the reason it bothers me is because it's not your employer's place to police what you say when you're off the clock any more than it's their place to tell you what drugs you can or can't take, how much food you eat, or anything else.
Quote by Acϵ♠
if their accounts are private then sure it is

If their accounts were totally private then no one other than them would see the post, they have it open to friends though so the 600 or so people who they barely know or talk to anymore saw it

I don't really agree with firing them but the people who posted it on a public site are stupid and saying that it's an invasion of privacy makes no sense
I'm surprised by all those saying companies shouldn't do this. Why aren't companies allowed to choose who they want as their employees based on something this important? Why should they be forced to pay salary to a racist?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Godsmack_IV

I'm pretty sure unless they're threatening the lives of somebody, they're breaking no laws by voicing their racism.
Page 1 of 5