Page 1 of 2
History has had a lot of wars. History buffs, which one piques your interest the most?

I am currently reading about the Thirty Year War. Seems like a massive free for all. Pretty interesting stuff.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I try not to trivialize people being killed and atrocities being committed by giving wars unnecessary tags or descriptions, like "interesting" or "horrific."
rapture's war on feminism
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by bradulator
Scott Pilgrim VS The World

lol nerd

Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by severed-metal
I try not to trivialize people being killed and atrocities being committed by giving wars unnecessary tags or descriptions, like "interesting" or "horrific."

o wow

World War II prolly
The war on drugs
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
Quote by Rossenrot
o wow

World War II prolly

Definitely my favourite too Haha countless dead, best war award to the big numba 2, get rekt suckas.
Quote by severed-metal

The political causes and consequences of a war, as well as the tactics used in a war, can be extremely interesting, without disregarding the atrocities or loss of life that occurs during said conflict.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by severed-metal
Definitely my favourite too Haha countless dead, best war award to the big numba 2, get rekt suckas.

O WOW
Quote by gonzaw
The Punic wars

I went to Carthage when I was small. As a 9 year old boy obsessed with Age of Empires at the time it was awesome.

Greco-Persian
Peloponnesian
Gallic
Both World Wars
Hundred Years War
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by gonzaw
The Punic wars

that too
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by severed-metal

This is not metal at all.

WWII is indisputably the most significant war in history, so I'll go with that.
Check out my band Disturbed
i am not comfortable with calling war interesting (especially in the context of a dick measuring contest for amusement) as i feel that is an effective way to disassociate the horrors and immorality of war from yr conscience. learning about the wars of the past and the sacrifices made is a responsibility people have to insure that they are appropriately active in stopping such terrible things from happening when not absolutely necessary. not because they are interesting.
Quote by severed-metal

I guarantee you that you only follow this code for the five seconds it takes you to forget it. Past wars are way too much integrated into our cultures for you to live up to your jerking of one's own genitalia.

OT:

Generic answer but both world wars. Could be that I just think that because they get so much attention from our educational system but I was usually very interested when learning about them in school. But then again I'm just a poor mindless pleb who trivializes people being killed by giving wars unnecessary tags or descriptions, like "interesting" or "horrific".

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Opium Wars
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It is possible to find wars interesting while acknowledging the horrors of war.

That said, wars are real boring. WWI is okay. The Cold War if that counts is good. Everything else is like ew.

I like learning about why wars start and what happens when they end, but studying the wars themselves are yawnfests.
Quote by bradulator
It is possible to find wars interesting while acknowledging the horrors of war.

in this context it is merely glorifying war.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
in this context it is merely glorifying war.

How so?

In my example, I find it remarkable how all of Europe was dragged into a 30 year long conflict that devastated Europe, beginning with religious disagreements and leading to a war between political dynasties.

Many people study war and find things about it interesting. Without reflecting on the past we cannot learn to not make the same mistakes again in the future.

I don't see how any of this "glorifies" war.

War is highly interesting despite all the atrocities. Even the holocaust is really interesting despite the horror of it. There is a reason why people visit concentration camps instead of them being torn down. It's the human aspect that's the most interesting, how it affected ordinary people. War needs to be studied and not forgotten.

Personally I enjoy learning about the Yugoslav Wars the most and yet am disgusted at how recent such hideous atrocities were being committed and celebrated in such a developed country/countries. Anyone interested should watch this bbc documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzvNZz-X-50
Last edited by Duffman123 at Dec 7, 2014,
The whole ISIS thing............
Its fascinating how a group invents imaginary friends that look after them then blow up/kill or decapitate those who's imaginary friends are slightly different to theirs
Quote by Thrashtastic15
i am not comfortable with calling war interesting (especially in the context of a dick measuring contest for amusement) as i feel that is an effective way to disassociate the horrors and immorality of war from yr conscience. learning about the wars of the past and the sacrifices made is a responsibility people have to insure that they are appropriately active in stopping such terrible things from happening when not absolutely necessary. not because they are interesting.

huu
banned
Quote by Duffman123
War is highly interesting despite all the atrocities. Even the holocaust is really interesting despite the horror of it. There is a reason why people visit concentration camps instead of them being torn down. It's the human aspect that's the most interesting, how it affected ordinary people. War needs to be studied and not forgotten.

Personally I enjoy learning about the Yugoslav Wars the most and yet am disgusted at how recent such hideous atrocities were being committed and celebrated in such a developed country/countries. Anyone interested should watch this bbc documentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzvNZz-X-50

Watched the first part and I never thought I'd say this about a Western documentary on the topic but this is actually done fairly well. Sure, it still fails to completely understand some issues and has some trouble understanding the international relations inside Yugoslavia, but I think that given how unique the history of the ex-country is this might as well be as close to being completely objective as one can expect.

All in all a good watch, I hope the same can be said about the rest of it. For now, it's a better documentary about Yugoslavia than the ones I've seen so far and by a long shot.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
For me the French Revolutionary Wars and the following Napoleonic Wars were the most interesting.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
GWAR
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by gonzaw
The Punic wars

too bad carthage pussied out sending hannibal some back up.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
WWII

i love learning everything i can about it
Quote by DonGlover

You look like a young Eugene Levy, but with a moustache.

Quote by slapsymcdougal
Quote by Dreadnought
Kicking a man when he's down, I'm proud of you

When they're down is the safest time.

Soundcloud
Sharks Stanley Cup 15-16
Sharks Stanley Cup 16-17,,,,?
Aroostook War. War between lumberjacks. I always imagine a bunch of huge bearded men in flannel fighting against each other with axes
Page 1 of 2