Hi guys this is my first forum post on anything ever! So bare with me if things are wrong or not to standard but I am sure you can help me with this or at least give me some guidance in some kind of direction, anyway....

I currently have a Line 6 Spider IV 30W including the FBV MK2 foot pedal. It's a great little amp and has served me well for the time that I have had it but my problem is that now the "novelty" has worn out for me. By this i mean that the tons of stuff they throw at you in terms of effects and channel choices etc are no longer hitting home for me and this I feel will only be personified since I am taking my first dive into pedals as well.

The point of this thread is to just ask a few of you guys what amps you would recommend that aren't as fancy as the line 6 but perform just as well to help I shall give some context...

This is only going to be an amp I use for personal use (in my room/garage etc), there is no need for it to be a gigging amp. I play a lot of different styles of music through what I have currently but tend to stick with blues and heavy metal/80's metal type stuff although I do enjoy the odd flurry into real heavy stuff and modern metal too. I play with an Ibanez Gio and Ibanez R-series but also have a Mexican Strat I prefer to use for blues stuff and clean songs.

I guess the amp I'm asking for is kind of an "all rounder" type thing. A cab would be more preferred as it takes up less space (maybe) but I'm pretty much open to all suggestions. I have previously looked at Blackstar amps and found them well made and they performed well but I feel I may have fallen into the same trap as I did when I bought the Line 6. I have also recently been introduced to victory amps and I think I have become to overwhelmed by it all so need some guidance

If you have any suggestions on what you think I may like or what I should go out and try they would be greatly appreciated or even just tips on how to find the right amp for me I look forward to reading them and hopefully learning some stuff along the way.

P.S. If I've missed anything or you have any questions let me know! (Hope this is an okay first post!)
Do you mean you want a combo amp?

If so a used Marshall JCM2000 DSL401 or 201 would be a great choice. If you want new, the Jet City JCA2212 would be a good choice
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Couple questions

Budget?
New/Used?
Location?

These things are important to know before we can give advice
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
I'd say try an Orange Tiny Terror - goes from clean (well clean-ish) to blues to heavy metal and can do the heavier styles with an overdrive up front. Takes well to pedals but no fx loop.
Two volume settings - 7watt and 15 watt, great speaker, records really well. Great little amp, mine is a keeper.
Quote by diabolical
I'd say try an Orange Tiny Terror - goes from clean (well clean-ish) to blues to heavy metal and can do the heavier styles with an overdrive up front. Takes well to pedals but no fx loop.
Two volume settings - 7watt and 15 watt, great speaker, records really well. Great little amp, mine is a keeper.

+3.1415 i have a dual terror, it can get pretty nasty and dirty even on the TT channel (that channel is identical to the tiny terror)

before they eliminated the audio feature, i had a really nice clips of it with my MI-Audio Blues pro.

does blues great very responsive. and can get you great some grit. i uae it for blues/blues rock wonderfully.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Wow! What a great response already thanks a lot guys! I've been recommended orange amps in the past so I'll definitely go and have a look at those!

To answer a few questions:

- budget would ideally be around £200 - £300 but could maybe be pushed.
- new or used doesn't really bother me.
- as for location I live in Birmingham, England.

Again thanks for the feedback and of there are anymore suggestions I'd be more than happy to take a look!
Something JCA should help at that price.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify