Recommended solder iron wattage (and size) for getting amp solder joint to melt?

I am attempting to desolder and replace all of the large electrolytics that aren't working (the volume motor boats on and off).

I tried with a 15 watt model from RadioShack with a thin tip that I have used for building electronics kits in the past, and the electrolytic solder joints in the amp wouldn't melt at all.

I found this thread that recommends 50 watt +: thread

Are there any models manufactured that anyone can suggest that will do the job, and perhaps some keyword hints what to search for for browsing for solder irons?

I thought I'd ask the people here with experience in this before buying something that doesn't do the job.
I like the Hakko 50 watt units best when I build slot cars but I'm soldering like a jeweler , the Hakko's gets good and hot ..... make sure you use Rosin core solder and NOT acid core solder or it will turn your wire/solder joints "green" with corrosion
A 40watt iron will be plenty with a medium flat end conical tip will melt big electrolytic pads pretty quickly. You don't want to go silly with the wattage unless the iron is adjustable. Too hot an iron/tip combo can damage components.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
So I bought the Weller and now I need a way to remove the large ammount of solder from the large solder joints.

I have a solder sucker but it stopped working after I clogged it with solder.

Any specific solder suckers you would recommend that you use, or would you recommend desolder braid instead?
Not being obvious, but you know you can empty out solder suckers of all the built up solder schrapnel right?
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
pretty sure every solder sucker in the world can be unscrewed at some point to remove the clog xD
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1