Hey guys,

I found this P Bass for sale, looks to be an American Deluxe but for only $1,000 with "minor cosmetic scratches"which to me seems odd since the RRP in Australia here is $2.5k. Comes with case, strap, strap locks etc. I'm a bit skeptical but it seems fine to me, I've asked for serial number and can report back when I get it. I really have been low on funds and need a bass and this is my perfect opportunity!

What do you think?

Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
It certainly looks like the real deal. If it is an American Deluxe, the heel of the neck pocket will be rounded off for easier playing. Sometimes you find a good one that people are selling on the cheap because they really need the cash. Get the serial number and check it with Fender's database to make sure it is the genuine article.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
As a former owner of two AmDlx basses I can tell you that the bass is a real deal AmDlx.

The Stealth String Retainer is a dead give away that it's a AmDlx and not the MiM/MiJ Deluxes.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Thanks for that guys, serial number turns out to be US11143800
is this all good?

Thanks
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.