I'm doing this and I don't see why I should buy a baritone guitar.
Sounds fine to me.
Any reasons why I should feel obliged to buy a baritone guitar?
as a general rule, if you have to ask why you would need something, you probably don't need it.

the longer scale length should give you a deeper sound with a tighter and punchier low end response, but whether you actually need that or not is entirely up to you.

for what it's worth, some people find the long scale length difficult to work with and prefer drop tuning a regular guitar
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
it will definitely sound muddier and floppier than if you got a baritone, especially if youre attempting a baritone tuning. if you put those strings on a guitar with a 24.5" scale and tune it lower than c standard you probably wont like the sound too much. intonation will be an endless hastle too, especially on the lower end.

just get a 7 string
Ibanez S7521qm 7 string
Ibanez S771pb
Fender Jaguar HH Special
PRS SE Custom 24 7 string
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by rtfk101
just get a 7 string

please no. Not this again.

Depends how low you tune basically. There are bands out there who tune down even to drop A with good results (Slipknot for a famous example, but there's more) on a regular 25,5" scale. Lower than that might be hard to intonate and you're going to need REALLY thick strings.

Baritone guitar = longer scale length, so you won't need strings as thick for the same tuning as more scale length means more string tension, and according to many people it generally sounds tighter. Although not everyone finds longer scale length comfortable, as that means more finger stretching generally.

And there is no. difference. whatsoever. in tuning a 25,5" 6-string and 25,5" 7-string, a 7-string won't sound tighter or require thinner strings just because it's a 7-string. Scale length makes the difference, number of strings in itself does not.

So, short summary: if you're comfortable the way you're playing now and it sounds good to you, there's no reason not to keep doing it. If you feel the low string is flubby, or you're getting intonation issues or want to tune really low, get a baritone.
I agree with theLiberation

I used 13-56 and it wasn't the same on a 25.5 scale compared to a 7 string schecter (26.5) or a 27 scale LTD Viper baritone. Best I got was like standard B at most on the 25.5 but the LTD and schecter which are made by the same company had thick necks and long scales and it made a difference.

MY FAVORITE people are those who use 13-56 to play in standard D or drop D! With a baritone you'll have less floppiness with the strings and you could tune to like standard F (almost an entire octave below standard)
Quote by slash&angus
I'm doing this and I don't see why I should buy a baritone guitar.
Sounds fine to me.
Any reasons why I should feel obliged to buy a baritone guitar?

"Sounds fine to me" sounds like you probably shouldn't even bother with heavier strings. You haven't developed an ear yet.

Baritone guitars usually have a longer scale (27-28") that makes a pretty big difference in the sound of the guitar, especially in the bass registers. It does this for the same reasons that a 9' grand piano exists in addition to the little upright spinet pianos, and that bass guitars have 34" and longer scales. It's a question of clarity and definition.