I'm tempted to buy a boss Acoustic simulator and I was wondering where would you place the pedal in the effects chain. I have the following connection:

Guitar>wah>compressor>phaser>overdrive>guitar amp in
Effects loop send>chorus>delay1>delay2>effects loop return.
Personally I'd put it as the first pedal in the loop.

It's all about experimentation though, I'd have phaser next to chorus but you've chosen to put it before your drives, so you may prefer the AC3 elsewhere too.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I set up my phaser for a long time next to the chorus, but lately I moved it as I found it sounds better on distorted sounds as it becomes less aggressive. Also, I use it a bit of lo-fi sound.

I don't intend to use it a lot with other effects the AC-3 mainly on its own. What I was thinking should it be placed before the amp or in the effects loop?
Like I said, I'd personally put it in the loop, but as you'll be (presumably) using it with everything else 100% clean it probably doesn't matter much.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud